I Won't Fall That Easily

Peter has always hated the 'soulmate project'. Sure you get the first name on your wrist and at 16 you get their last name. If you meet your soulmate before 16 then you get their last name early. But all time the people are are breaking up because "your name isn't on my wrist". Some people's soulmates already have a soulmate, then the person has to choose. And when your soulmate dies their name fades to white. Some people are lucky and get a second soulmate after the death of their first, but some souls just can't move on. But no matter how 'romantic' it is doesn't make any sense. I mean it doesn't mean that I don't want to meet my soulmate no that is not it. But with Gwen, I proved that love isn't always with your soulmate but with your best friend. Plus it's not like I am going to fall for them right away. I promise myself I will not fall for this 'Wade' character right away.

At least that is what I thought.

Swing through the city I feel at peace, it been a while since I did this after Gw-Gwen I haven't felt like a hero at all. After all, I let the people I love die. I just have dumb Parker luck. All I have left is Aunt May and I will protect- "CATCH ME SPIDEY!" All of a sudden a large object hits me and I could barely catch myself. When I see a man falling I saw her. I let go of myself sending two webs at the man. When I latch on him I shoot another web to catch us and lower us down.

We land on the ground and I look at the person but all I can see is her cold body. "Well, I didn't expect you to fall for me so soon." I shake my head and clear her from my mind. Looking at the man I feel pain in my wrist. I pull it up to my chest. "Sweetums is your soul hurting," he laughed and my heart did a weird flutter. "Soul?" he giggled again. "My wife held her wrist the same way when we first met. Ya know soulmates and such. But a booty like yours got to have a lover already. Right." 'No no no no no no. Please no.' "Well, I do have a name of someone." I can tell he is thrown off by my cold shoulder. "Well, what happened to your hand then?" I roll my eyes, "well I was surprised by a big muscular man falling on me and I had to catch you. So probably just a sprain. The man gasps. "Did you just call me hot? Close enough."

 I shake my head and stick out my uninjured wrist to shake his hand. "I was not calling you hot. But I guess I was a little rude, wasn't I? Well, dude-wait... what should I call you." He looks at me, "Mine." I roll my eyes. "Seriously..." He huffs and takes my hand. "Well my name's Deadpool, or Merc with the Mouth, or Wade Wilson, or Daddy whatever you prefer." I shutter. "I am not calling you daddy, Deadpool. Plus didn't you say you have a wife?" Wade smiles widely but it seems a little forced. "Well Baby Boy, I haven't talked to her since before Deadpool came around. Of course, I know that Deadpool is me!" He grips my hand that was still holding his. " What?" He laughs and my heart flutters again. I hear a scream and pull my hand out of his grip. "Well, this meeting is coming to an end, Bye Wade!" I yell as I swing off. "Bye Baby Boy!"

Entering through my window I fall onto my bed in a pile on the floor. Quickly taking off my suit and grabbing a pair of pants and long sleeve shirt. I head into the kitchen grabbing something to eat. "Peter?" I see May and instantly look away from her. "Um... Yeah?" Wiping my eyes trying to hide the fact that it was 2 in the morning and I was in the kitchen crying. "Oh, baby," "Baby Boy!" I look down. "What happened?" I fake a smile even if she couldn't see. "Nothing May, why are you still up?" Trying to put it on her. "Well I heard a crash that I was worried so I went to check it out." I blushed. "Sorry May I was just, well I... I tripped and fell." She laughed "It's okay Peter, just head to bed you have school tomorrow." I nod and head up.

Beep Beep Beep "God! I hate Mondays!" I turn off the alarm and get up my head foggy. I get changed and put my suit in the secret pocket in my backpack. I get changed and put my suit in the secret pocket in my backpack. Running into the kitchen and grabbing an apple. "Bye May!" I yell grabbing my skateboard then running out of the door. Once out of the apartment I put down my skateboard then swerving in and out of groups of people. Getting to the school, I see Gwen by the door and it took me a second to realize that she wasn't really there. My heart breaks a little when I realize I truly am alone. "Yo Penis Parker!" I groan, "Hey Flash," I see him and some of his friends walking over to me. "Still alone I see," He snickered. I smile, "Your lips are moving but all I can hear is a bunch of shit." His face goes red and he grips my shoulder. When my spidey-sense goes off I just ignore it. Getting punched in the gut didn't hurt as much as getting hit by a car so I take all the hits. When the bell rings all of them back off me and went to class.

Never in my life had I wished that Ned didn't move. I had no one, I got kicked off the decathlon team and no one respects me. Yep, I was already low on the social ladder but now I am at the very bottom. Getting up I go to class barely making it in time.

"Alright, class today we are getting in pairs to go over everything we learned over the last few weeks." People started getting up to go sit by their friends when the teacher shushed them. "I will be picking groups." Everyone groaned I was just grateful that Flash wasn't in this class. She started ready off names, "Peter and Liam," As she continued I looked around realizing that I had no clue who that was. 

Well until he sat next to me. "Hi, I am Liam I just moved here a few days ago. When I was introduced to the class I don't think you were here." He explained. I shook his hand and quickly pulled it away not wanting to do the same that I did with Wade. "Um... Peter, so let's get started. This stuff is pretty easy, but since you just moved here I can help you get caught up." Liam's eyes lite up. "Really! That would be great I have been so confused." He laughs. "Yeah, we could meet after school on Wednesday as well if you want?" He nods. "We can go over to my house." I smile, "Sure."

The next few days I got close to Liam, he even stood up against Flash for me. He made me forget about my nightly encounters with Deadpool that broke my heart. That day I exited the school with Liam and texted Happy my plans. He doesn't reply but that didn't surprise me, he never does. We talk the entire walk and when we get to his house I was surprised. "Yeah, that's everyone's reaction when they see." He laughs. His house was huge! Like my apartment times like seven! "Sorry, it's just didn't... I mean you don't look poor- I what?" I stuttered. He laughed and I blushed. "Sorry..." He shook his head. "Don't say sorry, I think your ramblings are cute." 

He pats his pockets, "Damn I forgot my key in the house." He grabs something and picks the lock. "Sorry, I forget my key all the time. But I learned how to pick locks because of it." He laughs. "Why don't your parents let you in?" I could feel my spidey-sense go off so faintly that I almost thought I imagined it. "My parents are always off on business trips, so I am home alone all the time." I nod. We enter the house and it's almost spotless. The alarm goes off and Liam puts the code in. He walks over to the counter and picks up a key. "Here it is." he laughs, and I can't help but feel at ease. 'He wasn't lying.' He nods at the stairs, "We can study in my room." I follow him up the stairs.

Thank You for reading the first chapter of Soulmate Project. Now if you were wondering this story is going to be a little cheesy but come on who doesn't like cheese. Okay, okay anyway thank you and I hope to hear your thoughts and criticism throughout this book.

~Meowt (Cat puns who doesn't like them)