Chapter Fifteen

"So no food?" Clive questions. All the kids are sitting in one room. Ethan is lying on Clive's lap, the football player rubs the hair of his new boyfriend. "No," Miyo answers staring blankly at Ethan. "We're going to starve," Jake chimes in, not really a happy chime. "I mean if it comes to it..." Miyo starts but instantly regrets her thought. It must be her other personality. "What?" Jake questions and leans closer to her. This makes Gwin cringe; even though Miyo's a lesbian. The blue haired girl is overthinking everything... She stays quiet in the corner.

Miyo stares at Jake, "You'll hate this idea more than any of us." He thinks for a bit. "That dike wants to eat your dead girlfriend!" The nurse screams inside Jake's head. He tries his best to ignore her. "Jake! She wants to eat your bestest friend," the little boy joins. "Hmm, maybe we should eat her up," a deeper voice intrudes Jake's mind. He looks around frantically. He sees the ghost outside the broken door. "Oh no," he says out loud. "Jake, what's wrong?" Miyo asks. "Jake? What's up?" Clive questions. Their red-headed friend sprints out of the room. Avoiding the kitchen ghost at all cost. The other children can not see the ghost.

Finally, something clicks in Gwin's mind, "It must be the chef ghost." Miyo turns around at her. "Gwin's right! The ghost is trying to get into Jake's head." Miyo and Clive run outside of the room to help Jake. The door slam shuts, even after being broken, leaving Clive and Miyo separated from Ethan and Gwin.

Jake sprints away, turning his head left and right, back and forth, back and forth. His dyed hair whips back and forth with each whip. His brown eyes avoid the terrifying ghost. "I'mma getcha!" The ghost teases and Jake cries out. He reaches the end of the hallway, no other ways to turn, the staircase is blocked by debris. He notices the weeds growing out from the windows, all he would have to do is break through the weeds. "I'm coming for you Lillie," he whispers to himself. The ghosts inside his head start freaking out. "You can't get me if I'm dead!" Jake screams, tears streaming down his pallid face. The kids locked outside down the hallway, unfortunately, hear his conclusion. Clive starts running down the hallway, he wasn't a running back or a quarterback, but that's the fastest he's run in his life. The ghost gets closer to Jake. He starts ripping the weeds from the glass window. Right before he breaks the glass he waves goodbye to his two friends. "I'll say hi to Lillie for you guys!" He screams down the hallway and breaks the glass and jumps from the second story of the asylum building.

He falls in slow motion, the ghosts release from his body, screaming. The last thing the young teenager sees is the face of his girlfriend. Her smiling face and her beautiful eyes.