Chapter Twelve

Wake up Jake! Jake wake up!” The boy finally shoots up out of his mattress. He’s confused when Ethan nor Clive is awake. “Hello?” He whispers, but no answer. The voice sounded very young. “Jake!” Then is when Jake realizes that it’s in his head. “Little boy?” Jake questions and walks out of  the room, sure not to bother any of the guys. He wanders in the hallway, waiting for the voice to speak again. “Don’t listen to her Jake, please don’t,” the child warns the teenage boy. “Don’t listen to what?” He says aloud to himself, he feels the lack of presence in his mind; the boy has left. A sudden rush of anger explodes in Jake’s head; it’s the nurse. “Lillie is attached to you Jake and you don’t like it. She gets in your way of other things Jake.” Jake tries his best to shake out the terrible thoughts the nurse is giving him. Suddenly he’s walking toward the girls’ room. He doesn’t understand why, but he’s doing it. Once he walks over to Miyo he realizes why he’s wandering in here; the nurse wants the gun. Jake tries to fight against the voice telling him to grab the gun. It’s right beside the teenager’s mattress. Jake acquires the gun and then walks out of the room as fast as possible.

Lillie stirs awake at the sound. She looks at the two sleeping friends of her’s; none of them moved, so neither of them could have made a sound. Lillie wanders out of their room, which deep down inside she knows is wrong. She makes her way into another room, and the door eerily shuts by itself. “Oh no,” she whines, her anxiety arising. Her breathing gets faster and heavier. She tries calming herself down by thinking of Jake. She tries opening the door, but it doesn’t move. She finally loses it, “Jake! Miyo! Someone!” Lillie falls to the ground and caves into herself. Her dark thoughts swarm, she’s all alone. Her breathing gets heavy again as she whimpers, “Jake.”

The door swings open and then shuts again. Lillie looks up, but no one is to be seen, “Hello?” She looks around the room, but can’t see anything in the dark. Suddenly, like her knight in shining armor, Jake appears out of the shadows. He approaches her and lifts her up. Jake wraps his one arm around her and pulls her in for a hard kiss. Lillie puts her hands onto his head, running her fingers through his dyed hair. He leans down and kisses her back, the taste of her soft lips like berries. He frowns after pulling away, “I love you Lillie, and I’m so sorry, they keep telling me.”

“Who Jake?” Lillie’s breath is warm on Jake’s neck, her beautiful brown eyes sparkle with curiousness once again. Tears start down Jake’s face as he pulls the gun from around his waist band, “The voices Lillie…”

For a split second Lillie feels the coldness of the gun and then it goes off. The couple falls to the ground. Jake throws the gun and grabs Lillie bridal style. He lays on the floor with her as the life goes from her eyes. He rubs her different colored hair. He loves how it goes from a brown to a light orange. Lillie’s breathing slows down as she stares at Jake. She grabs his hand and places it onto her cheek, “I love you too.” Her voice is very weak along with her strength. She releases Jake’s pallid hand and her breathing stops. Jake cries, “No! No! This is all your fault!” He screams at himself. “I hate you! Why did she have to die?! She did nothing wrong!” Spit flies from the child’s mouth, sweat drips from his red hair, and his dark eyes are wet with tears. The brown eyes then spot the gun he used to kill his new found love. He crawls over to it and picks up the cold object. He looks at it and slowly brings it up to his mouth.

Gwin shoots up out of bed and runs out into the hallway where she thought she heard the gunshot. She looks in the empty rooms, until she finds the one where she finds one of her friends dead and another one about to be dead. “Oh no!” She cries and rushes to grab Miyo. She shakes her awake, “Miyo! Miyo get up please!” Tears stream down her cheeks from her brown eyes. Miyo finally stirs awake and she shoots out of bed with Gwin dragging her.

“Come on! It’s Jake and Lillie!” Miyo notices the tears of Gwin’s and acts a little faster. Her blue-haired friend drags her to another door. Inside Miyo see’s Jake about to take his own life. Miyo tries opening the door, “JAKE! Jake don’t do it!” The door doesn’t budge. “Fuck! Gwin go get the other guys!” Miyo screeches. “JAKE DON’T!” The girl shouts again. The boy slowly shakes his head, “JAKE!” Miyo screams for her friend. She gets a running start and rams the door with her shoulder. She hears the gun click, “No!” She whimpers and runs into the door, pain rushing from her shoulder and neck. She runs again and this time breaks the door handle off, along with some blood from her shoulder, but she’s oblivious to that. She dives for Jake and pulls the gun away from him. Brown eyes meet blue as Miyo puts the gun back into her skinny jeans. The other kids run in and all spot Lillie lying lifeless on the ground. All of them absorb the situation and stare at Jake. He looks down in shame, “It was me, I’m the reason she’s dead.”