Chapter Twenty One

A slow beeping echoes in the abyss of Miyo Dennis's mind. Her blue eyes flutter open and they adjust to the whiteness of her current environment. "She's awake!" A worried voice familiar to Miyo shouts; her father, Evan. The one with the special jacket of her's. Maybe this was heaven for the teenager. "So it her friend!" Her father Jonathan cheers. Who's Miyo's friend? Miyo slowly turns her head toward the bed beside her. She finally realizes she's in a hospital bed. Beside her is her still breathing, cut free, girlfriend. "Gwin!" She tries yelling, but nothing comes out except a whisper. Multiple thoughts fill the mind of Miyo. Why are her fathers so happy she's awake? How is she alive? Last thing she remembers is burning while kissing Gwin.

Suddenly the door opens again and a doctor approaches the teenager. He smiles, "You have visitors from other rooms." Behind the doctor Lillie peeks out. Miyo's face lights up as her friend wraps her arms around her. She takes in the smell of her living friend. As they pull away the blue eyes wonder, "Where's Jake?" Just as she asks, the bright red-haired teenager strides into the room. "Jake! Oh my God! Is everyone alive? It was all just a dream," Miyo sighs in relief. "A dream we all shared," Ethan explains as he marches into the room with Clive by his side. "Why'd we end up in the hospital though? Can someone explain to me?" Miyo questions. All the children sit down in the room of Miyo and Gwin. Speaking of, the brown eyes flutter open on the blue-haired girl. "Miyo? Where are we?" She groans and grabs Miyo's hand from across the bed space between them.

Lillie clears her throat and starts to explain the hell the children went through, "So, you all know how I was the first one to die," Jake and Lillie share a quick glance that seemed to share the memory of the words and actions they exchanged when it happened. "Well anyway," she continues, "when I was killed I was actually set free. It woke me up from my coma."

"Wait, so we were all in a coma? How?" Gwin questions, her voice weak. "Remember how the chandelier fell at the party? That's when we all went unconscious," Lillie explains once again.

"But why just us?" Clive's curiousness finally kills him as well.

"That's something we'll never know," Lillie answers and the room goes quiet. "Well, not to sound really fucking weird, but I'm kinda glad we all fell into a coma together," Jake slyly says. "Yeah, we created stronger relationships," Ethan states and leans his head onto Clive's strong shoulder. He takes in the wonderful smell of his cologne and is glad he doesn't smell like mildew and death. Lillie grabs Jake's hand and smiles. Miyo gazingly smiles at Gwin from her hospital bed.

"So how long have we been asleep?" Miyo asks the group. They all look at each other, "I think for about a week or so," Ethan finally guesses. Gwin scoffs, "It felt like forever."

"That's because it was torture," the jock implies and remembers the multiple flashbacks he had in that damn asylum. Ethan squeezes his hand, making him feel warm and tingly inside. "Well I'm glad we're all alive," Miyo randomly states in the silence of the teenagers. "I'm glad it was all just inside our minds," Lillie says and lays her head onto Jake's shoulder.

Yes, all these scenarios only appeared in the children's minds, but that doesn't mean each and every death, scream, drop of blood, teardrop would be forgotten.