Chapter Eighteen

"Holy fuck, that's a lot of oil," Miyo exposes. "Why though?" Ethan questions as he's the last one to step off the old steps. The children look around for anything other than oil spills. They all turn to Clive when he curses. A single light bulb hangs over an electric chair. "Neato!" Ethan cheers and the couple messes around with the chair.

Miyo and Gwin continue searching around the basement for anything else to help them or to gawk at like the guys.

"So, how are your wrists?"

"Um, I really don't want to talk about-"

"I'm sorry Gwin," Miyo apologizes and faces her friend. She grabs the soft hands of the violin player. The blue eyes stare into the brown one's once again, but this time there's a different feeling between the stare.

"I'm sorry too, Miyo..." Gwin apologizes as well. Their conversation comes to an end, but not their hand holding. Miyo remembers when she asked her dads how their first kiss went. She remembers them saying it was magical and they never forgot it. What if Miyo had her first kiss in a hell forsaken asylum? Maybe she wouldn't have her first kiss at all. She'd die before she could kiss anyone. Miyo also had feelings for Gwin. Feelings she shouldn't hide anymore; wouldn't hide.

Miyo slowly leans closer to Gwin, as Gwin does the same. Their lips are inches apart. They both close their eyes and- "HELP! MIYO! GWIN! OH GOD PLEASE!" They pull away instantly and run back to the guys.

Ethan is trying to rip Clive out of the electric chair, while trying not to have a panic attack. "Gwin! Calm him down! I'll try getting Clive out!" Miyo shouts and tries undoing the tight leather straps. "How the hell did this happen?" She questions, breaking a nail while picking at the leather straps. "I was just sitting in it and then BAM! All the straps wrapped around my limbs." Miyo rolls her eyes and suddenly she wanted to turn on this electric chair. It's another one of her mood swings, isn't it? "Welp, hopefully this thing doesn't actually work," Miyo snaps. This puts more panic onto Ethan. He starts to hyperventilate. Gwin yells at her, "Miyo! Why would you-? Miyo?" Gwin looks around, but can't find the blue-eyed friend. "I think she's having another mood swing; a bad one," Clive explains from the torture device. Gwin petulantly sighs, "Ethan, I need you to be calm and help me with Clive." The kids pick and tear at the leather straps. "It's not working!" Ethan shouts. Gwin sadly agrees with the teenager. She thinks back to what Miyo had said before, hopefully, the chair didn't work anymore.