XI

Brenna filled her aching belly. While she gulped down a large goblet of water, she hadn't noticed the stares of two young men.

One of then was her intended. The other was her enemy. Colborn stared at her with a sinister glint in his eyes.

He was determined to make her his. No woman had rejected him before. Whether that be to fear or his devilish charms, he had no problem getting a woman to lie with him.

If he had to force her, he would. It would not be easy to break her spirit. She was as strong as iron. With stone walls guarding her fragile heart.

He ached to have his murderous lips on hers as he ravished her body. He wanted to feel her squirm beneath him in pleasure.

He knew she would be able to give him strong sons. He clenched his fists as he set his gaze on his opponent. Torsten would need to watch his back carefully. Someone might just take it upon themselves to slit his throat while he slept.

Colborn relished the thought of him chocking on his own blood. He could picture the river of red flowed from his wound.

Torsten on the other hand was watching her in admiration. He could not get over her willful spirit and aggressive nature.

He too ached for her soft body against his thick muscular frame.

When the dining was over, Brenna hobbled outside into the cool winter air.

The violent wind ripped at her dress, pressing it's cold metal hands against her skin. Her teeth chattered as she pulled her wolf skin cloak closer around her.

Snow began to fall around her and she looked up at the grey sky. The clouds had covered the sunlight her body craved.

She smiled as she watched the young children frolic in the snow. Some of the older boys threw balls of snow at each other. She smiled as she watched Gunnar throw one.

She had turned her back and began walking towards her hut when a snow ball was hurled at her backside.

She turned around to face whoever dared engage her with this foolishness. That is when she saw Gunnar giggling several feet away.

She strode towards him and his face paled more than usual. A knowing smirk was etched on her face.

The boy was easily almost as tall as her. She stood inches from his face.

"Did you throw that snow ball?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

She heard Gunnar gulp as his friend snickered.

She gripped his chin with her finger and pulled the hood of her wolf skin cloak down.

With her other hand, she untangled her braid. Her white blonde mane fell from her tightly knit braid and it cascaded over her shoulders.

The young boy gasped at her beauty. She smirked.

"Young Gunnar, do you think yourself a man?" She said in her thick Norwegian accent.

He nodded slowly.

She gave him a knowing smile.

"How old are you now, fourteen winters?" She asked.

He nodded.

She smiled and her gaze drifted beyond the boy to a familiar blonde standing outside the hut.

Torsten had his arms crossed as he watched the scene unfold.

Brenna grinned knowing exactly what she was going to do.

Gunnar was still petrified as he gazed upon the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

His chest rose and fell as his thin, lanky frame stood before her.

"Gunnar, I am going to make you a man." Brenna whispered slyly in his ear.

The hair on Gunnar's neck stood straight up at her words.

Brenna pinched his chin once more and pressed her full lips to his. After a couple seconds, she drew away.

Gunnar's face was priceless. His mouth dropped open like a fish out of water. He stood still, in shock.

She patted his crimson cheek and limped towards her hut once more.

Torsten felt a pang of anger well in the very fiber of his being. His bride had kissed a mere boy.

He stomped through the snow towards her hut. His intentions clear. He was going to show her that kind of behavior would not be tolerated. Even if she was testing his temper.

Colborn was fuming angry at the scene he had just witnessed. He vowed then and there she would be his. Forever.