Heritage

Amanda was outside holding a very ornate and rusted shotgun.

Amanda: "I want you to have this it was my ma's gun I don't have much use for it here in the hanger. I hope you make good use of it out there."

Shade: "I can't take this Amanda, it's your heritage"

She smiled before placing the gun down and closing my door. I picked up the shotgun and examined it. A single shot slug. I put it in the locker to my left before exiting my ship. My metal hand scraping the ragged metal of the hanger door.

Shade: "Remind me to fix that ghost"

Ghost: "noted"

I had been walking around the tower for a little while now before a strange creature bumped into me saying something of the nine.

Xür: "Ah the blessed one! The nine wish for you to have this"

The creature handed me a helmet.

"This is for those who are cautious the user gains a small boost to shields and an additional radar. As well as carry another power weapon (second exotic) "The Quiet Hunt" 'huh crouch to gain enhanced radar and shields. I picked it up and it burst into flames of green like my light. (It looks like the new ornament for graviton forfeit but has horns.)

"I have another gift but this time it's from me no the nine"

He handed me a small card with four triangles making a square of white gold and purple.

"My friend gave to me he wishes to meet your race without much more hostility one day."

"Thank you"

He suddenly disappeared into a black mist. I smiled at the strange creature as I put the helmet on. Immediately I felt everything shift a slight tinge of green in my peripheral vision and strange marks stood out suddenly against the concrete of the tower floor.

"Ah Hey Shadow I could use some help with dawning decorations! After all tis the season!"

"Yeah I'll help but what's a 'Dawning' specially?"

"Right, it's a celebration to look forward in our lives and to change what we don't like!"

We walked around the tower putting ribbons and sparkles all over. We met with each vendor to give them a gift. Shaxx got an epic looking sword, Cayde a little figure that kinda looked like him. Ikora got a book with an eye on it. Zavala a new auto rifle. Banshee a notepad for his thoughts Amanda said. Eva tons of shaders. The speaker a few fake ghosts children of the city had made for him. Xür got a batch of cookies when we found him again (that took awhile).

Last of all I ventured out into the cosmodrome to find Amanda a gift she had been such a great person to me while the rest didn't acknowledge or hated me. I found myself looking at a small vehicle.

"Oh that's a fallen pike it's their version of a sparrow!"

"Can we transmat it to the ship?"

"Yep why?"

"Amanda would like it."

"H-hel-p-p m-e!"

I looked to ghost before running to the female voice. We came upon another ghost but, this one was damaged one of her "wings" was shot off. I picked her up.

"I didn't come a-al-l this w-ay to d-ie three fe-et away!"

"Where?"

"Left there"

I put the ghost on the skeleton before a flash of light and a human woman with purple hair and eyes was looking at me.

"Well uh Imma call you Nova for now we gotta go back home and I think you should join"

She nodded frantically.

We got pulled up into my ship. Before our ghosts started chatting it up I took off.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Huge thanks to maty25446 my good friend who has helped me through tough times. And now five wonderful characters! Here's to you mate!

 And now five wonderful characters! Here's to you mate!