A leap of faith.

"Shadow please follow me. Nova, Magnus stay here"

I followed Eris until we arrived in a library full of guardians that wore black.

"Welcome to the society. We are spy's that Ikora sends to do her dirty work you could say"

I looked and saw a few titans and hunters in the mass of warlocks.

"Ah shadow I need a favor from you"

"What is it Ikora?"

"I need the head of a vex hobgoblin"

"What's that?"

"Ask Magnus"

I walked out of the secret library and into the hanger. I walked into my ship to find Amanda inside.

"Hey there slugger"

"Hi Amanda, why exactly are you in my ship?"

"I wanted to ask why you didn't fight back?"

"Amanda I'm not a pacifist, I'm a guardian it's my entire purpose to keep people alive even if they are cowards or rude"

"A white knight?"

"I don't know what that is Amanda"

"A person with a good heart but can do the dirty work too"

"Then yes I am a white knight"

"Oh come here you"

She leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

"Fire team duskfall spirit please go to Ikora"

I heard a ping from my ghost.

"That's us guardian"

"Oh Amanda check the hanger I have a dawning gift for you."

"Alright Shadow"

I walked out of my ship and into Nova and Magnus. We walked into the war room where Ikora was trying to be alone Zavala growled at me on the way out. Cayde saluted before yelling something about a Sparrow race.

"Ah Fire team duskfall"

"That's what we're going with?"

"Yes now shut up"

"Hmmff"

"There have been reports of a hive corrupted guardian who has been killing civilians, your mission is to hunt her down, and kill her. Only if there is no other option"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Shadow take this sniper, Sparrow uses close quarters combat to defeat her opponents."

I walked out after my fire team.

"My ship?"

"Yeah why not?"

I jumped into the cockpit and opened the door to the back.

"Take a seat we are going hunting!"

"You're way too happy"

"Nonsense! Killing is fun dammit!"

I grabbed the controls.

"Hanger control permission to leave the hanger?"

"Go right ahead sugar"

"Sugar?"

"Shut it Nova"

"Does little shadow have a girlfriend?"

"Magnus!"

I unlocked the ship and started the engines up.

"Hold on to your seats!"

We launched into slipstream to uncharted space in less than an hour. Past Jupiter we found an asteroid belt where we thought she would be hiding out.

"We are looking for a female human titan named Sparrow"

"Oh I know her she runs with my hunter friend Roy"

We landed on the belt dust was flying all around us. Magnus summoned his bubble every few hours to let us clear out armor of sand. Nova held a nova bomb when the dust was so thick you couldn't see your own gun. After sixteen hours of searching we found something. An acolytes armor burned as though it had survived a golden gun. The way it had died was evident by the large taken arrow lodged in its helmet. But the thing was it wasn't a titan who killed it. It looked like a hunters shadow shot but it stayed there the entire time.

"Oh that looks bad"

"Very"

A gun shot rang out in the silent air, a scream followed. A female scream?

"Time to run dammit!"

The three of us ran to the source. Magnus went down to the left, Nova up to the right. I hit the ridge and aimed at the two people. A hunter and a titan one on the ground with a gun to their head. The strange thing was the hunter was the one with a gun. The titan was crawling away. I watched as Magnus without a second thought slid in front of Sparrow. He summons his shield as a terrible scream echoed through the chasm.

I aimed at the hunter and with a heavy breath I pulled the trigger. His red hair spilled from his helmet. He didn't die but he did spin around and fire a jagged arrow right above my head. I vaulted over the rock ledge and pulled my shotgun out and transformed it into it's taken form. I hit him in the head and he fell over.

"Nova! You got rope? Or chains?"

-/——/—-/—/—-/

Whoo damn I forgot where I was going with this book but hey!