IX

Chapter IX. Looking at her

For Cedric, looking at her was the most wonderful thing on the planet. Not only because she was incredibly beautiful, in anyone's eyes she is; However, what attracted him the most was her personality, she was strong, serious and had a wisdom and maturity greater than her age, but at the same time she was cheerful, kind and fair.

It was Saturday, the practice of Quidditch had ended and Arturia was carrying a bottle of water for him, delivering it with a slight smile.

"Good job, Cedric." It was the blonde's words. "I brought some snaks. I made them, I figured you'd be hungry after practice, although I'm not very good at cook. In fact, the house elves helped me a lot." She said as she held out a container.

Seeing the contents, Cedric noticed that they were rolls of bread with cheese and ham, something simple, but no less delicious.

"You didn't have to do this for me, Arturia"  The brown haired said modestly and giving her a sweet smile.

"You have been my first friend and during my time here you have helped me a lot, it is the least I can do." Arturia said while also smiling at him in a nice way.

"Thanks, Arturia." He took one of the rolls and ate it. "They are very good."

Arturia's face showed happiness at her friend's flattery. She had never tried to prepare anything before and she was grateful to the elves who took care of the meal to help her with how to cook. She was trying hard to fit in and do something for her first friend, which she seemed to be accomplishing.

"Then we'll see you later." The blonde said goodbye while returning to the castle.

Cedric watched her go, without preventing a blush from adorning his cheeks. Her golden hair seemed to emit its own light with the sun and her delicate little figure made her look so fragile, but her walk showed confidence. Lovely.

Her eyes, maybe that was his favorite trait. Those eyes of an exotic blue-green color reflecting severity, security and, in turn, kindness. He liked very much to see her in the eyes, he could get lost in her eyes for hours and hours.

They say that the eyes are the windows of the soul and he wished to discover the true Arturia Pendragon self.

Sometimes she wondered if he could look like a stalker every time he looked at her for a long time, not only during class, but in the dining room and recesses. But, he couldn't help it, who would not? He knew that several boys also watched her for a long time, admiring how beautiful she is, but Cedric saw something else, he saw the girl of his dreams.

Monday in the morning. The weekend were the days when he could least see her and on Mondays they made his heart rejoice at being able to keep her close during classess. The first class of the day was Potions, and he had to admit that the blonde had great control over this, as if she had already learned to do them for a long time.

It was a joy to see her doing some potions and helping her do them. Matter wasn't Cedric's fort, but thanks to Arturia he had understood it much better.

That day they were developing some antidotes for powerful poisons, with some plants and so on. Arturia and Cedric were great team, since he knew about plants and she about how to make an effective potion.

Whenever she elaborated the potion she was delighted and her eyes couldn't detach from it. She was working so hard and struggling more than she should.

His eyes lit up and a slight smile formed on his lips when he noticed her so focused on the potion that she didn't notice her surroundings.

Cedric observed every feature of her face. As her golden hair framed her face, as her eyes focused on the cauldron and her pink lips parted. Her expressions were funny at times. Every reaction that showed her face was the best thing that Cedric could see during the day.

"Mr. Diggory, you should stop looking at your partner and help her with the potion." He heard Professor Snape's stern voice calling his attention.

Arturia's beautiful eyes looked in his direction which made him blush with embarrassment. He began to help her, because he wanted to prevent the Potions master taking points from Hufflepuff.

Yes. Watching her became Cedric's favorite hobbie.