XIX

Chapter XIX. Winter is coming.

It was colder than usual, even her hands were gloved it were icy. The raincoat she was wearing didn't seem to be enough to warm her up a bit.

She walked through the streets of Hogsmeade, many people there had to admit that she was beautiful, especially because the clothes she wore made her stand out and those heeled booties looked great with the black slacks. She looked quite elegant and managed to charm many.

"It seems that wherever you go you stand out." Cedric commented as he put his hands in his coat.

"If I'm honest, it's the first time I've received so much attention, usually I went unnoticed." She said blowing a little through the fabric of her gloves to warm her hands.

"I don't see why not, if you really are beautiful." Young Diggory praised with a smile.

Arturia smiled to look up at the sky.

"Winter is coming, I think that's why the cold is hitting so hard." She commented following her way through the streets of Hogsmeade. "I'd like to go for some Food and a hot drink, where do you suggest? I really do not know much about Hogsmeade."

"We can go to the Three Broomsticks for a hook and ask for something hot to drink." Suggested Diggory while taking another route.

Arturia followed him, really hungry to admit it. Sometimes she wonders when it came to fit so much food.

Finally they reached the cozy place and went to one of the empty tables. The place was warm unlike the outside. A person approached them to ask for what they needed.

"I want a Butterbeer and a Cornish empanada, please." Cedric asked with a smile. "What are you going to want to ask for, Arturia?"

"A hot chocolate to drink. To eat a bit of Bath buns, a Yorkshore pudding, and a couple of Cornish empanadas, please." She asked, a little embarrassed to have asked so much.

Cedric let out a laugh, making her embarrass more. She cannt control her appetite, she used to eat like the king she was.

"I think that's one of the things that I like about you, that you don't stop yourself for anything and that you are yourself at all times without trying to impress anyone. Appears to be the girl a diet that asks little is already boring." The brunette commented smiling sweetly.

Since he had confessed his feelings to an Arturia, he was more honest with her and wasn't afraid to express himself openly. At the end of the day he had nothing to hide from her.

Finally that person had brought them food, while Arturia tasted the food she had ordered. Her eyes shone, it was delicious! She didn't stop herself and began to eat and enjoy the food, while drinking chocolate so she wouldn't choke.

Once satisfied they paid for everything and left again, the cold lashed them again, so the girl wrapped herself more in her coat.

"I can lend you my scarf." Cedric suggested as he took off.

"It is not necessary. You will be cold and it is not fair that you go cold because of me." Arturia said shaking her head as she placed her hands over Cedric's, refusing to accept the scarf.

"It's not a problem, I come pretty warm, you need it more than me." Said the gray-eyed boy as he wrapped the scarf around the girl's neck. "You look nice."

"It smells like you." She commented "A soft smell of herbs, aroma of chestnut trees, the smell of your hair; besides it smells like daisies." She said quietly as she hid half of her face in the scarf. "It is nice."

"I like your smell too, Arturia." Said the boy embarrassed. "You smell as sweet as the lilies, also the bark of the trees, where you usually tend to rest. And several foods, since you usually eat a lot" He smiled.

Arturia covered the blush before with the scarf continuing walking towards the Hogwarts school, while Cedric accompanied her to hee side. It was nice to walk by his side, quietly, enjoy each other's company. For them it wasn't necessary to talk about anything in particular.

The girl sat near the fireplace in her godfather's office, while Fawkes rested on her right shoulder. The phoenix had become very fond of the king, so much so that each time she went to the headmaster's office, the intelligent animal would rest on her shoulder.

The older man sat next to his goddaughter, watching the wood burn in the burning flames. He said nothing, simply laid his hand on her shoulder.

"Is there something that worries you?" Dumbledore asked as he watched her.

"It's just that, after the defeat of Teantachien, I must return to where I belong. Everything that I have lived, the friends I have had, will only be a dream that never was." She said hugging her legs, resting her face between her knees.

"We still don't know when that monster will arrive, it could be hours, and even years. Try to enjoy the time you can here, be happy and don't think about what will happen after something that has not even happened. While you are here, you are Arturia Pendragon, my dear goddaughter, a magnificent student and a girl dear to the students and faculty." He said while giving her a warm hug.

Arturia corresponded that gesture, closing her eyes.

"Thanks for being my father, Dumbledore. You are the closest thing to a real family that I ever had, even though Sir Hector raised me as his daughter, he did not really feel like a father." She commented.

"I know that. You have said it many times." Laughed the old man patting her back.

"I am honest and I say what I have to say at the moment I feel it." She expressed calmly while smiling. "I do not want this to be lost, that's why I fear the moment I have to leave". A sigh came from her pale lips.

"All those memories will remain in your heart, even if you think it is a dream, and the valuable thing is not to lose those feelings despite the difficulties that arise."

The girl smiled again at the words of her godfather, while Fawkes also caressed her with his head, showing his support.

"Thanks Fawkes, I love you too." Said the blonde stroking the head of the fantastic creature. "The winter is comming. I remember when I was walking with my horse through the snowy gardens, along with Mordred as a child." She said quietly returning to look at the fireplace.

"I never got to know how you could have Mordred if you're a woman."

"It was thanks to magic, with my DNA Merlin managed to get Guinevere pregnant, but he commited a mistake an was Morgana the one who was pregnant and it was there that Mordred was born." She explained.

"It makes a lot of sense. It means that Mordred is also a woman." He conclude. Arturia confirmed with a nod. "I am more and more surprised by your story, my dear."

"There is much more than what books tell."