V

Chapter V. Music Box.

Her eyes opened, appreciating the ceiling of the room she shared with the rest of the Gryffindor girls, with an extremely dim moonlight that barely made her see anything. She sat on the bed clinging to the blankets trying to contain the crying.

She had a dream, more than dreams were memories, memories of the Battle of Camlann. She remembered how Mordred, before dying, had mortally wounded her and the warm arms of one of her knights had taken her to a quiet place, placing her in the shadow of an immense tree. She remembered that face with features so fine that they were similar to those of a woman, with long platinum blond hair that he used to wear and the sweet gaze he always directed at the king.

Arturia got up from the bed. Her blue nightgown was quite warm and she put on the shoes she wore for school to be what was closest to her. She didn't bother tying her hair, letting the golden mane fall down her shoulders.

Silently she left the Gryffindor common room. The corridors were extremely dark and it was almost impossible to get to see anything. She tried to accustom her eyes to the darkness to start walking aimlessly. She couldn't sleep after that dream, so a walk helps her to think and relax, and so get tired to go back to sleep.

While walking by, she could catch a few steps approaching her and then a whitish light was projected behind her.

"Pendragon."

The girl with the golden hair turned to see Professor Snape lighting the corridor with his wand, while looking at the woman severely.

"Professor Snape."

"It seems that being the director's goddaughter gives you certain privileges". He commented with a certain sarcasm in his voice. "The curfew has already passed. Five points from Gryffindor for breaking the rules. Go back to your room."

"Arturia, my little one, what are you doing outside at this hour?" Dumbledore's voice asked, walking towards the direction where Snape and she were.

"Headmaster". Said Snape.

"I had a bad dream and I thought a walk could make me forget it". Arturia explained. "Sorry to break the rules, godfather."

"Being that the case, come with me, dear". The old man said to place a hand on the shoulder of the girl. "No point will go down to Gryffindor, Snape."

They had both arrived at Dumbledore's office, while Arturia was thinking about what he could tell her about the situation as recently.

"You can take a seat, if you like." The director offered.

The king sat on a comfortable sofa that was in place, placing her hands on her knees while looking at the older man.

"Have you dreamed about your past?" Dumbledore asked as he walked towards the fireplace.

"Yes. It was the day of the Battle of Camlann, the day just in which I died by the mortal wound of Mordred." She confessed with her eyes down.

"You know, Arturia. Sometimes I also dream about my past. It is inevitable to remember how I lost my family and how I had to engineer myself just to continue". He said as he walked to his desk with his hands on his back. "You have been my family in these weeks and I really feel you like a daughter, despite being hundreds of years older than me". He smiled.

"I say the same, Albus. You remind me a lot to Merlin and I really have come to consider my family, because you have been the only thing I have in this times."

The man approached her with a peculiar object in his hands, it was a small cylindrical box with a golden key on one side. He turned it over and opened the lid. A soft melody began to sound, while from the object came a jellyfish of a purple color, created with magic. Albus handed her the object and she smiled tenderly thanking the man with her eyes.

"That music box belonged to my sister. It has been with me for a long time and I want to give it to you."

"I could not, Albus."

"Please accept the gift as a token of appreciation for becoming my family."

Arturia's blue-green eyes covered with tears and she kept the sweet smile on her lips, watching the jellyfish levitate throughout Dumbledore's office.

Arturia was on her way to her room, while again and again turning the key every time the melody ended, smiling in a childish way when she saw the jellyfish flying around her. She hummed the tune as she swayed, as if she were dancing. That had been from her to forget the bad memories that suddenly came to her before.

As she walked towards the Gryffindor common room, she again looked at Professor Snape walking there. The blonde didn't pay much attention and continued acting in such a childish and cheerful way with the box in her hands and the jellyfish accompanying her dance.

Severus looked at her. It was new to see her act in that way before the soft tune that an object emitted between her hands, at the same time that she was shaded by the magical animal that accompanied her. He had not noticed with her hair loose it made her look different, much more childish and tender. Charming could be the most accurate word.

She had qualities that came to the attention of the Potions teacher. Not only his, but several boys who came to have the opportunity to see her. He admitted that she came to surprise him on several occasions during classes or the fact that she had the courage to confront him in order to express herself. She was an exemplary student, although he wouldn't admit it openly. He recognized her and even esteemed her a little.