Chapter 6

A/N: Hello friends this chapter is appropriate for everyone enjoy peace and love ✌️❤️

I was awake long after George drifted off. Tossing and turning, guilt sat heavy in my stomach. George loved me, and I lied to him. I lied to his face while he was crying. And even after he said he would forgive me if I told the truth. Was it too late? Probably.

I'd just have to stay away from John. God knows what I'd do if I was alone with him again. I just wouldn't let it happen again.

For nearly a week, it didn't. George and I took our quick honeymoon and I tried not to think about John. John, with his strong arms and soft hair I loved to pull. I tried not to think of when I got him to moan. It was the hardest thing I'd ever done.

When we returned home, we were immediately invited to a huge high profile party. I was putting my makeup on and getting ready when George entered the room. He hugged me from behind and leaned on my shoulder.

"You don't need makeup. You're pretty enough."

I grinned. "It just makes me feel confident, love."

"You should feel that way just by yourself." He kissed my neck.

"Will the other girls be there?" I asked.

"Yes. John, too. I think he's bringing someone with him."

"Yeah?" I mused, trying to ignore the jealousy starting to form. "Good for him."

As I expected, there were tons of people at the party. I was holding onto George's arm for dear life as we tried to navigate the crowd. It was being held at a mansion, and the Beatles were congregating in the backyard.

George was happy to see his friends after being away, but I was mostly nervous. John did indeed have someone, a pretty blond that immediately looked less interested in him once George showed up. It was Pattie Boyd. I made small talk with her for a while, but I could feel John's eyes on me the entire time.

"So how was the honeymoon, Paul interrupted the conversation.

"Great!" George smiled. "We missed you guys though."

"Even me?" John asked.

"Not you, Lennon," I said. I swore I saw his eye twitch.

"Fine. Pattie and I have been having a good time, haven't we?"

"Hmm?" She was staring quite obviously at George.

"I'm going to get a drink. Does anyone want anything?" I asked.

"I need a smoke but I ran out. I'm gonna grab one from inside." John said.

"There's a whole pack in your pocket, though," Paul pointed out.

"Well..." John paused. "Those ones are shit. We'll be right back."

I started walking, very aware of John following closely behind.

"You didn't need a drink, did you?" he asked, catching up to me.

"And you don't need a smoke. Do you know somewhere we can be alone?"

John's eyes lit up. "Follow me." He led me to a bedroom on the second floor. The door closed, and he tried to kiss me. I pulled him off, trying to ignore the hurt and confused look in his eyes.

"What the hell is your problem?" He snapped.

"We need to talk, John! Look... I feel bad about the whole George situation. He was crying -"

"Like a girl. Typical George."

"He was really hurt, John."

"Don't tell me you told him."