Epilogue

A/N: This is the end, beautiful friend

It's one year later. The divorce between George and I was finalized and I was focusing on my relationship with John. We were currently on the set of How I Won the War in Spain. I was sitting along with the director and cameraman, watching John act. We were about to wrap up for the day. John was finishing up his last scene. In this scene John was yelling about how he let all the water out of the roller to make it lighter. I thought it was absolutely hilarious. After John finished filming that scene he gathered his belongings and we went to our hotel. John took a shower to wash all the dirt off himself. While he was doing that I changed into pair of shorts. He came out of the shower and looked at me.

"You look lovely."

"John I'm all sweaty."

"Doesn't matter."

I smiled and sat on the bed. John walked over to the drawers and started looking through his clothes. He grabbed pair of boxers and a t-shirt and put them on. Then he sat next to me. He looked deep in thought.

After what felt like hours he asked me a question "How would ye feel if I married ye?"

I looked at him shocked. I was not expecting this. I pictured me walking down the aisle looking at John as I took each step. I definitely wasn't ready to do that whole thing...yet. But if we do, I'd be overjoyed.

"I'd be...happy."

John smiled. "So would I," he kissed me on the forehead. "Now let's go to bed. Gotta wake up at six again."

I groaned. "I hate waking up early."

"Me too. But it'll all be worth it when the movie's done."

"You're right," I said crawling under the covers. John crawled under the cover and hugged me, nesteling his head into where my neck meets my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too, John."

We continued like that for awhile. When the movie was finished I was his date to the premiere. And only a year later he asked me to marry him. We were inseparable ever since we were married. Of course we had our fights, especially after the boys were born, and even more after the band broke up. But, we always stuck together. Even though it definitely wasn't easy, I will always look back fondly on my memories with my one true love.