Ten - Lunchtime

Even though the day wasn't going as fast as I wanted it to, at least it was lunchtime.

We were in 4th period and so far, I only had chemistry with Asher. And basically we just worked on a worksheet in silence.

I was waiting for my lunch in the line when Asher sneaked up on me and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, babe," he smiled, knowing that I hated that name.

"Hey, Asher." I sighed.

"What's up with you? You didn't talk at all in first period." He asked sounding genuinely concerned.

"It's nothing." I shrugged.

"Nah, it's something. What is it?"

"It's honestly nothing." I fake smiled.

He raised an eyebrow and gave me a look saying that he didn't believe me. He poked my cheek, "what is it?" He bugged me by repeating his actions four more times.

I exhaled, "this is so weird and new to me. I thought that the bullying from the kids and even the teachers would stop once you came, but it's all the same."

"I'll make them stop, I'll be your hero." He smiled and puffed out his chest, I half smiled in return.

"You can't always be there for me, what will happen when you leave? You deserve better than 'Piggy.'" I quoted with my fingers.

I moved up in the long lunch line.

"Peg, stop doubting yourself." He nudged my side, "you're beautiful, how many times do I have to tell you?"

"Until I believe you." I smiled and nudged him back.

"Dear lord, that's going to take a lifetime." He joked.

After waiting a little bit to get to the food, Asher got impatient so he made everyone let us skip to the front.

We got our food, "what happened to you wanting to be normal?" I asked.

"I never said I wanted to be normal, I said I wanted to go to a normal school." He answered.

We were about to go to a secluded table when a random girl waved Asher over and motioned for him to sit down.

He stayed rooted to the spot, debating what he should do. He could either go sit with the populars or sit with me, Piggy.

"It's alright, go." I forced a smile once again.

"Are you sure?" He asked reluctantly.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, I mean I always sit alone anyways since my best friend, Holly, doesn't have our lunch, she has last lunch." I said, making sure he knew I was used to this.

"You know what, no. You're coming with me. You're my girlfriend, and I will not let you sit alone, even if you want to. Now come on." He grabbed my hand and he was about to lead us over there when I stopped. He repeated my actions. "What are you doing?"

I looked down, "I don't belong over there."

"Well, let's show them you do belong, because you deserve to sit there as much as I do, and I'm a famous actor." He smiled.

My face reflected the same smile and we walked over there.

"Um," Danielle started, "Piggy, you can't sit with us." I turned on my heal, ready to leave when Asher grabbed my arm.

"And who are you to say she can't?" Asher asked calmly

"Danielle," she scoffed, "her cousin."

"And that gives you the right to tell her what she can and cannot do?" Asher getting angrier by the second.

"Asher, calm down, I'll go," I said but this just made him angrier than he was, but it wasn't directed to me.

"No, babe, if they don't want you then they don't want me."

"Ashy," Danielle said in a suck-up tone, "just listen to her, stay with us and leave this," she paused to look at me in disgust, "pig to herself. Where she belongs."

Asher chuckled menacingly, "don't talk to my girlfriend and don't ever call me Ashy. Va bene?"

We were about to walk off when Austin spoke up. "Sit down Asher and Peggy, we'd love to have you." Did he just call me Peggy, like my name, Peggy?

Austin continued as he turned to Danielle, "Danielle, leave."

"No, if she leaves then I leave," Jesse said standing up to defend his girlfriend.

"Fine by me," Austin said shrugging.

"Way to go, Jesse!" Danielle said as she slapped his chest, grabbed her salad and stormed off. But not before her hitting her shoulder into mine roughly on purpose.

Jesse took his tray and began to follow after her like he was a lost puppy. Asher just laughed out of result.

We took their spots. And Asher got engrossed in some conversations about popular people things. I just sat back poking the food on my tray, and eating just a little of it.

I feel so left out. Because I'm not into sports, clubs, or anything they're talking about.

I really don't belong here.

And to make it worse, my next period is physical education. Lord of cows, please help me.