9: Date Night

Girl Mechanic by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 9

"You all right?" Ronnie asked, peeking over her laptop.

Suzie is over at her best friend's house and they're working on their essays due that coming Monday when she let out a tired huff.

"I'm fine," Suzie answered, rubbing her tired eyes, "just thinking."

Ronnie closed her laptop and put it aside to move closer to Suzie.

"Are you thinking about her again?"

"No,"

"Really? You're going to lie to me?"

"I just...Oh, Ronnie... I don't know what to do." Suzie muttered, putting her pen down. "I really do like her but Kurt's really making a move on her and I feel so helpless."

"Did you tell her about how you feel yet?" Ronnie asked.

"No,"

"Then suffer in silence." Ronnie stood up and started stretching.

They have been working on their essays for a couple of hours now and Ronnie's answer was blunt but not meant to hurt Suzie's feelings. She has always been straightforward with Suzie.

"Should I tell her?"

"I would if I were you. Before Levi becomes official with Kurt."

"What if she doesn't like me back?"

"You know that the purpose of confessing is to tell the person you like them, no matter what they say." Ronnie answered. "If she likes you back, then good for you. If she doesn't, then you should respect her feelings."

Suzie let out a sigh, thinking about what she should do next.

"So, what's your plan?" Ronnie wriggled her eyebrows at Suzie before picking up Suzie's phone on the bed and dialing something there.

"I'm going to confess."

Ronnie put Suzie's phone on her ear and smiled teasingly at Suzie.

Suzie perked up in alarm about Ronnie calling someone using her phone.

"Hello, Levi?" Ronnie greeted after a few seconds. She grinned wider when she saw Suzie's eyes widen in surprise. "It's me, Ronnie. Suzie's asking if you want to go out tomorrow night for dinner?" She shushed at Suzie and said, "great! She'll pick you up tomorrow at six. Bye!"

As soon as Ronnie dropped the call, Suzie tackled the phone away from her best friend.

"Why did you do that!"

"I just solved one of your problems." Ronnie snickered, ducking to avoid the pillow that Suzie threw at her direction.

"Now act normal," Ronnie said after she finished putting up some light make up on Suzie, "don't do anything stupid. Just stay cool."

"Why do I feel like this is the first time I went out on a date?" Suzie muttered a reply.

"It's your first time going out with a girl, this is somewhat different to you dating Dylan."

"You think she'll like me?"

"With you looking like that?" Ronnie gave Suzie an admiring look, "hell yeah."

Suzie turned to face herself in the mirror. The blue dress that Ronnie picked out for her fitted her perfectly.

"Don't you think this is too much?" Suzie asked, worried that she might have overdressed for the occasion.

"If you wore your heels," Ronnie replied, handing Suzie a pair of simple brown flat sandals.

"Thanks for helping me out." Suzie smiled, taking the sandals and putting it on.