Oli White*New Years pt. 1

I was basic. All I wanted for New Years was a kiss at midnight. That was my childhood dream... and still is.
It was New Years Day, and I sat on my couch with a box of pizza. It was pretty great, but not a cute romantic New Year's Eve night.
My phone dinged. It was a group chat, with the 'Buttercream Squad'
They were some of my best friends, but there was one person in specific, I wanted more than a friendship. Mr. Oli White.
The problem is.... I think he considers me a friend and nothing more.
My phone dinged again. It was Caspar... for the second time.
"You all doing anything for New Years?"
"Nope haha xx" I replied.
Joe replied. "Nah"
Josh replied. "I'm free"
"Okay that's most of us!" Caspar texted. "Let's get the squad over at whos flat?"
"We can do mine" Joe replied.
Everyone texted back with a thumbs up or a 'ok'.... but I just wanted to know if Oli was coming.
                            ***
I was getting impatient. It was almost time to leave for Joes, and everyone had replied... except for Oli.
I opened my text messages with him, and texted him asking if he was coming.
I sat there, trying to decide what to wear. Not that it would matter.... Oli probably wasn't coming anyways.
Deciding to just put on whatever, I put on some light skinny jeans and a baggy light pink jumper.
Right as I headed out my front door, my phone dinged.
I close my eyes and crossed my fingers.
Please be Oli.
I flipped my phone over in my hands... It was Oli.
I smiled and dashed out the door.
                            ***
It was almost midnight. I was hanging out with everyone, Oli included.
I went over to go get another drink in the kitchen, when Joe stopped me.
"Heyyy" Joe said, teasingly.
I smiled and grabbed the drink.
"Oli likes you" he whispered in my ear.
I laughed and shook my head. "I wish" I mumbled.
Joe raised his eyebrows, and punched me playfully.
I grinned and went back to the couch.
"Hey who are you guys gonna kiss at ball drop?" Josh asked.
All the boys joked around, but I saw Oli glance at me.