Chapter 11

The ride to the palace was nine hours and I would have fallen asleep if it weren't for Granny. She told me she would strangle me if I fell asleep and ruined my hair and I knew better then to test her. I was beyond nervous, I don't even remember the last time I'd been to a royal party. It felt like years ago...which it was.

The palace looked magnificent up close. I've seen it from The Tower sometimes but it looked ten times better right now. I was to busy looking around and daydreaming I was oblivious to the rest of the world.

A guard led us into a huge ball room stormed with people I didn't even know. Dad disappeared and Granny took my coat and told me to move around so I look like I'm busy.

I walked around admiring the decorations and smelling the food until I heard someone calling my name. It was Gwen.

"Hi" I said.

"Hey" she replied. She was wearing a black dress with a turtle neck and a silver necklace and her hair was flowing down her back. Her eyes were so dark they looked scary.

"Have you seen Lyra?" I asked. Gwen was studying me like she was deciding if I looked good or not.

"I just got here and I'm looking for Violet" she said the she pushed past me and trailed off.

I spotted a few girls from school but it's not like I talked to them. I looked over at the boys to find Tristan and when I saw him my heart leaped. He looked handsome,his hair was combed carefully, he was wearing a blue suit that fitted perfectly. He walked over to me.

"Belles, you look amazing" he said with a smile.

"I look amazing?" I whispered "Look at you"

Tristan was trying not to blush then Lewis came over. He was obviously irritated by the fact that he had to wear a tie that was choking him.

Amara was dancing with her brother and Lyra was sipping on a glass of juice. My eyes fell on the thrones in the front of the room. There was the king and queen, the other three thrones were empty. There were two princes and one princess of Stellaregno.

They were probably just dancing with someone. I saw the prince and our eyes met for a minute then I looked away. I hoped I wasn't blushing as much as I thought.

Dinner was delicious even though it was just seafood. Lewis was fighting with everyone about that. I finally got to talk to Lyra and Amara privately. Lyra couldn't stop smiling and Amara couldn't stop complaining about the pointy shoes she had to wear under her red dress, besides the fact that she didn't like the shoes she looked beautiful with the pearl jewlery and her ginger hair was tied in a braid. She even had hints of makeup on her face. Lyra was wearing a blue off the shoulder dress with a fur coat and diamond accessories. She also danced with the prince which is the reason her cheeks were as red as a tomatoes.

I danced wit Tristan until a someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was Prince Alec. I gave him and awkward bow.

"Annabelle Virgo" he said "That's you, right?"

"Yes" I squeaked "How do you..."

"Your father told me all about you" he said.

"Oh" I said lamely "Did he?"

Tristan left and before I knew it I was dancing with a gorgeous prince. He didn't talk which gave me a reason to study his features. He had jet black hair and emerald green eyes which sparkled and his skin was milk white.

I didn't ask him when my dad told him about me but I spoke up when he looked like he didn't want anything to do with me.

"Are you okay?" I asked "Your Majesty"