Chapter 12

Granny dragged me out of bed the next morning.

"Don't fight me Annabelle" she said as she tried to snatch the blanket from me.

"I don't want to fight you and..." I looked the clock on my night stand.

"It's 7:00 a.m." I yelled and my face fell into my pillows.

"You need to get up so we can dye your hair" she said that like it was something she did everyday.

"What?" I shouted so loud I'm pretty sure the nieghbours heard me.

"Just wake up" Granny rolled her eyes.

I washed my face and had a sandwich for breakfast.

"What's this about dying my hair?" I asked Granny.

"I was just thinking that your hair is too red" she said "But that's not the real problem...."

"Then?" I interrupted.

"Then we should give you contacts to change your eye color" Granny informed.

"Why?" I bellowed "I think my eyes are..."

"I don't care what you think, I think that blue eyes look good with red hair and your amber eyes are weird and they look brown"

"No" I said.

"Yes, just for tonight and we'll see if everyone likes blue eyes" Just then the phone rang.

"I'll get it" I ran out the kitchen and answered the phone "Hello?"

"Belle?" It was Amara.

"Yeah, hi" I said.

"I need your help" she sounded worried.

"You need my help?" I asked in disbelief "With what? Homework?"

"No, we both know that's not true and it's about...oh..just come to my house I'll explain when you get here and bring Lyra" she hung up.

I didn't go to her house much but it was the only way I could escape my crazy grandmother. I peeled off my night gown and put on fresh clothes. A grey sweater with tight jeans and black boots.

I walked to Lyra's house which was only a few blocks away. She was ready to go as usual. We took her mom's car to Amara's house. Amara was in the basement and her brother was teaching her some math equations.

"So what's the big problem?" Lyra asked.

"Need help with studying?" I teased. "Because if that's the case then we can't help you because you are the master" I added.

"That's not the problem...it's..." Amara hesitated.

"Spit it out" Lyra demanded.

"I don't know which dress to wear" Amara said.

"That's why you called?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes" Amara said miserably. Then she played with her hands until she noticed Lyra. 

"Oh for Aries' sake..." Amara groaned. "What is wrong with Lyra?"

Lyra was frozen, she wasn't saying anything and she looked like someone just punched her in the gut.

I snapped my fingers in front of her face "Stars to Lyra. Are you okay?"

"She's a girl!" Lyra exclaimed "Thank Gemini! She needs help looking good"

I tried not to laugh and Amara was blushing.

"Oh stop" she demanded "I was always a girl. Was and will be"