EPILOGUE

The bath I had was cold and I washed myself as quickly as I could. My nose was running and my throat hurt everytime I talked. I was catching a cold.

I didn't pay attention to the surroundings when I arrived, it was early morning and everyone was in bed. Raelynn had to drag me across the concrete floor and into a dimly lit bathrrom. She helped me out of my clothes and told me to clean up. Despite my curiousity about this place I did as I was told.

Raelynn let me borrow some of her old clothes, a baggy shirt with a black cardigan, jeans and boots.

Everyone in Crimsyn State lived in small cubical houses. The girls and boys were divided into two sections, the buildings were grey and when I stepped outside people were training. This place looked familiar, like I'd seen it before. Swords, knives.....star stones. But they were locked away in a storage room. It was always cold and wet. The place was something I had seen before....and army base. Then it hit me, the same place I saw in a dream. This was that place. Had I been here before? How could I have seen this place in a dream? I heard voices too, two men talking but I hadn't figured out who those people were.

I walked outside after I pulled on my clothes, the area was silent. Alfred was standing outside, staring at the sky.

"How did they not find you?" I coughed.

"Annabelle" he turned around slowly. "Your sick" he observed.

"How did no one find you?" I sniffed.

"All your questions will be answered soon" Alfred said calmly. He put his arm around my shoulders and led me back inside.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You need to eat and then rest" Alfred told.

"Where will I rest?"

"In the girls quarters" Alfred told. "The girls and boys have separate rooms" he added. "Some of the families have compartments too but if you are a warrior then you have to stay in the quarters. You can visit your family though" he finished.

We were turning around corners until we stopped in a huge room that looked like a dining hall. Tables were stretching over the room with matching chairs. It was just like the cafeteria at school.

"This is the cafeteria" Alfred said. He gestured for me to sit on a stool, I did.

"Where is everyone?" I coaxed.

"They're training" Alfred said. He walked between the tables and into a green door at the back of the room. I covered my hands with the long sleeves of my cardigan, the tables were like ice and the chair was wobbly. Alfred came back with a tray of steaming hot soup, some bread and a cup of tea.

I felt a hint of anger and hatred for Alfred, he ignored me for my whole life and now he's suddenly so interested. I tried not to show my feelings. 

"Here" he passed the meal to me.

"Thanks" I tried to smile but failed. I ate quietly while Alfred stared at the ceilings.

"Why did you bring me here?" I coughed.

"Would you rather be back in your cell?" Alfred challenged, "or back at home?"

"No" I replied quickly.

I drained the tea from the cup, the bread was a little dry so I had to dip it in my soup to soften it up. I pusked away the tray and got up, my knees shaking.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked "Nathan Pisces"

"He's asleep, he's in the boys quarters" Alfred replied. He walked out and I followed.