THREE

I groaned loudly as the temperature started getting hot. "I regret wearing a sweater." I heard Kihyun chuckle. "Its not funny." I looked at him.

"It's literally the hottest month every year. What did you expect?" I rolled my eyes at him, "whatever. I just love wearing sweaters."

"Good luck dying because of a heat stroke." He said.

"Hey, Demon!" Someone called. We both turned our backs, seeing someone approach us. "Oh, Minhyuk. You're here early." Kihyun said.

The boy grinned, "why wouldn't I be?" A smirk appeared on Kihyun's lips, "your mom got mad again, didn't she?" Minhyuk laughed nervously, nodding.

"Are you feeling better, Hyunji?" Minhyuk asked. "Jeez, how does everyone in school know about me passing out." The two laughed at my reaction.

"I'm feeling quite better, thanks for asking." I told Minhyuk with a smile. "So dude, how's Eljin?" He turned to Kihyun.

"He's doing well." If you didn't know, Eljin is Kihyun's dog. "Can I steal him?" Minhyuk asked, his eyes sparkling. "You already know my answer."

"So it's a yes?" He raised a brow, still having a smile on his face. "Of course not." Kihyun folded his arms and looked away from the boy.

"I'm the cutest puppy in the world." Minhyuk said confidently. Kihyun started fake gagging at his friend's confident respond. "You're disgusting." Was all Kihyun said.
-

I waved goodbye at Kihyun as he walked away from my classroom. Just then someone grabbed my wrist and started dragging me somewhere. It was Minhyuk.

He lets go of my wrist, "what?" I looked at him. "Have you confessed to Kihyun?" Minhyuk gave me a dead stare. "Confess what?"

He facepalmed, "that you like him!" He whispered yell. I raised a brow, "I didn't?" Minhyuk's jaw dropped. "I cannot believe you."

"Listen, why would I confess to him, if I don't even have feelings for him to begin with?"

"Don't give me that crap. You both walk to school together, you both hangout 24/7, and many more!"

"You just really love gossip, don't you?" Minhyuk stayed silent for a while. "That's not my point."

"Then what is?" I asked. "Do you like Kihyun?" I shook my head without hesitation, my eyes slightly wide, "why would I? He's my best friend."

"I mean, I do like him, but just not in that romantic way you're referring to." I explained. "Does your heart ever flutter when you see him? Does your heart ever skip a beat whenever someone mentions him?"

"Minhyuk, again, I don't see him in that way." He sighed, "what am I going to do with you."

"Did you see Kihyun just now? He keeps looking better and better!" Someone yelled across the hall. "Did you see his smile? HE'S SO CUTE!"

Minhyuk turns towards the girls then turns back at me, "you're never like that?" He asked. I heaved a breath, "no. I'm never like that."

I folded my arms and started walking away. "Where are you going?" He asked me. "Going back inside my classroom. I have a quiz to study for and a teacher to talk to." I said, walking back inside my classroom.

"And for the record, he looks the same." I said, enough for Minhyuk to hear. He chuckled lightly before walking away.
-

"It's alright. Just don't over work yourself next time, you really caused a scene." My teacher said before walking away. I sighed, I knew everything she was saying was complete crap.

She never says those things. Bet teachers found out about the things she told me and her job is at stake. What a loser.

"Wanna eat lunch now?" Kihyun said, stepping in front of me while his hand was inside his pocket and his other was holding his lunch box.

I nodded and grabbed my lunchbox from inside before we both started walking towards the garden.

The garden is where Kihyun and I spend our free time at. If he's not there, I'm always there and when I'm not there, he's always there. It's basically where we meet sometimes.

We both sat on our regular positions and opened our lunchboxes up. The smell of rice and Spam filled the atmosphere, making a smile appear on my face as I licked my lips.

I saw him smile and roll his eyes at me. "What?" I asked. He shook his head, "oh nothing. Just find it funny on how your face lights up every time you see spam."

We both started eating our lunches and talked about the most random topics. Our conversation went from school to what would happen if dogs took over the world.

"I'm sure a Golden Retriever would be president to be honest." I said. Kihyun chuckled, "and the Golden Retriever's body guards are Rottweilers, German Shepherd, and Dobermanns." He added.

We both laughed at our thoughts and opinions. "Oh, before I forget, I can't walk with you home after school today." He said. "I need to head over my classmate's place to finish a project which is due tomorrow."

I nodded and he kept apologizing. "It's really fine, I understand. It's not like I'm gonna get kidnapped from not walking home with you for just one day."

"I live alone in a house, I've been like that for all my life. I can handle it." He sighed and nodded slowly. "Just don't talk to strangers."

"Why would I?"
-

I packed my things and walked out of my classroom. I was kinda shocked seeing that Kihyun was apologizing a lot when he said that he couldn't walk home with me. It isn't our first time not walking home together which is what I found weird.

"Hyunji!" Already, I knew who's voice it was. "What is it? Did Kihyun tell you to walk home with me?" I asked. Minhyuk slowed down, "no? He told me that he couldn't walk home with you but he never told me to walk you home."

"So basically, I decided to walk you home." He gave me a big smile. I sighed, "I'm not giving you gossip." His expression changed into a panic one. "What?! No! It's not like that."

"Minhyuk, I know you're a slut for gossip." He heaved a breath, showing a sign of defeat. "Fine. You got me there, but I just want to talk to you."

"About what?" I asked. "Anything really. Oh and by the way." I raised a brow, waiting.

"Do you mind if I..slept over?"

-