Chapter 8

You pull up next to the shop that you stopped by the night before.

'I truly hope Kara and Alice made it out' you think as you get out of the car.

Raindrops fell on your head as you glance around at the crime site.

You close the drivers side door while Hank and Connor also exit the car.

Chris, another officer, was already there, holding an IPad like tablet as Hank and Connor walk towards him.

As Chris explains the information that they already had, your mind begins to wonder.

You already knew what happened last night and the file told you why she was a deviant now.

You glance towards the gates that you opened for Kara and Alice.

Surprisingly, you caught a glimpse of them sneaking away from the gate.

Kara had cut her hair and threw a coat over her android clothes, she looked normal.

Your mouth hung open as you watched Kara and Alice make it past all the police that were on patrol.

"They deserve to leave if our officers are that stupid..." you mutter as Kara uses an umbrella to cover her and Alice.

They eventually and successfully made it to the train entrance.

You chuckle as you shake your head playfully.

"Well done deviants. Well done," you mutter to yourself as they walk onto the train.

'Track Kara and Alice for me,' you think as your advanced contacts do so.

Your contacts add Kara to your contacts, allowing you to speak to her.

You pick up your phone and dial her serial number.

"Smart move, but this is only the first run-in with the cops. You need to keep moving, stay on your feet and stay safe," you say to her.

She glances around frantically, searching for you.

Her head finally turns and she sees you through the window of the train, standing next to Connor and Hank.

She smiles as she waves a bit, Alice smiling as well.

"Thank you, for everything Y/n," Kara says as the train begins to take off.

You only nod and grin, watching he train disappear forwards.

As you watched the train continued, you get yanked back into reality.

"What do you think Detective?" Chris asks you.

"Hm?" You ask turning towards him.

"Oh... uh, I think the deviants couldn't have gotten that far?" You question, hoping no one would notice your lack of interest.

"Good idea N/n (nickname). Maybe they didn't go very far," Hank says, patting your back.

"Dad, don't call me that in public," you whisper yell at him.