2

{[Marina POV]}
Now that Pearl and I are downstairs, Pearl simply says "I wanna cook today...".
"B-but Pearl, you can't cook. You even burn orange juice." "I don't care. How about you help me?" Pearl looks at me with Puppy-dog eyes. "All right...."

We quickly enter the kitchen. "Let's make pancakes! With mayo!" "Yeah, we can make pancakes, minus the Mayo part." "B-but Maaaaaar-" "hush! No 'but Maaaaaar-ing me."

I quickly run to the small pantry that has all of our food in it. I grab the box labeled 'Pink Princess Pancake Mix'. Don't ask why it's called that, it was Pearl's brand for a year or two. She sold it off to someone else for a couple billion coins

"Yo, Pearl. Grab the milk." "Aight." She obliges, which is a first. "Hey Mar." "Yeah, Pearlie?" "What would you do if I asked- Nevermind, screw it." Pearl gets quiet. "Why didn't you finish saying what you said?" "I-I... Dunno..." "Okay...?" I finish stirring the lumps out of the pink mix. "Hey, could you turn on the burner?" Pearl rushes to the stove top, and turns the small knob to the left.  It makes a popping sound, then light blue light comes on from the burner.

"Yay! Now it's time to cook, Pearlie!" I say enthusiastically. "Yo, Mar, make me one shaped like a heart." "Okay." I grab a small ladle and put it into the pink bowl. I then pour it onto the skillet and make a somewhat blobby heart shape. "How about that, Pearlie?" She walks over and stands on her tippy-toes to see the strange heart blob. "It's good, I guess." She smiles awkwardly. "Yay! Anything for my Pearlie~!"  I squeeze her in my arms while she struggles.

"No, stahp, I can't breaaaaathhhhhh..." I let go of her, while she rubs her face.
"Stop being a sad little sack, boi." "No, its free real estate." The small inkling retorts. "No u." "No u despacito." I sigh. "You win."

I walk back over to the stovetop, and flip the blob. I stand there for a minute, waiting for the other side to cook while Pearl taps her small foot. "It's done!" I grab it with the spatula. It goes on to the plate that has Pearl's logo on it. "Haha! Now I get to put mayo on it!"

"Ah, my cute little Pearlie I get to protect~"

To be continued in part 3!