Dan Howell

A Magical Meeting

Just imagine that this is set somewhere in the future where Dan has grown up kids and a family.

“Dad, how did you and Mum get together?” 

The whole family were sat around the kitchen table munching on various pieces of breakfast before you parted your separate ways and knuckled down with your days before being reunited after the children’s day at school. The clock still showed only half seven so Dan, bless him, wasn’t the most alert of people however when this question sprang up his head snapped up. A smile spread from his mouth to his eyes and he leant back in his chair, you laughed as he readied himself to retell the story of how you met.

“Well, it was summer 2014.”   

“13.” You interjected smirking but slightly offended that he couldn’t even remember the year that you met.

“Sorry.” Dan lowered his head in embarrassment as the table of children laughed at him.

“So, um…yeah. It was at Summer in the City, you know when I used to do YouTube and went to all those meet up with fans. Your mum was an obsessive fangirl at the time, part of my loyal army of Danosaurs. So there I was slowly working my way down the line meeting everyone when your mother was pushed around by people and tripped physically knocking me over onto the floor.” He paused slightly glancing around at the look on the children’s facing which were all listening intently, captured by the magic of Dan’s ‘account’ of how you first met.

“And then your mother insisted on buying me a drink to say sorry about making me go flying and the rest is history kids.” He crossed one leg over the other and folded over his arms signifying that his little tale had finished.

“Rubbish.” The whole story had been utter bullshit. Dan had tried to con your own children into believe some magically fairytale happening had landed you two spending the rest of your lives together. You couldn’t believe how Dan had up front lied to his own children.

“I am sorry to burst your bubble kids but Dad just made that one up I am afraid.” You placed a hand on your hip matter a factly, clearly displeased with Dan who was no sitting there resembling a gold fish, opening and closing his mouth repeatedly.

“Now, this is what REALLY happened kids. Back in the day I must admit I was a bit of a fan of your fathers youtube but really I was there for Uncle Phil. He had been the one who really got me into youtube and I was really excited to finally get to meet him. As you know your father here is a bit of a clutz,” You chose this point to look back at him to see how he was doing. Apparently this wasn’t too well, his face was hidden in his arms which were spread wide on the table and you could hear him groaning to himself.

“He actually was the one to knock me over. I was stuck on the floor under his huge arse, unable to move. The idiot didn’t even help me up he just lay there laughing. By this point I was suffocating while scrambling to get myself up. Once finally did,” You shot a death glare at Dan who still wasn’t looking. “Phil practically had to order Dan to buy me a drink to apologize. That’s how we met not some stupid story about me being head over heels obsessed with him.” Dan was practically melting in embarrassment and he attempting to shoot you an apologetic look.

“Wow Dad, you were a dick.”

“Lacey language.”