❧ 13. better off

"I'm sure she can't handle seeing me with another girl, especially you."

...

It's an early morning and everyone is seated on the sofa, including you, waiting for the moment they come back.

A few days have already passed since you last went to school. Your friends all probably think you caught a really bad flu or something. You were already missing so much classes in your first week, which you had to catch up in very little time. Just great.

You nervously bite your lip.

You couldn't believe they were really set free. How could the police believe what you said? Was your confession really that convincing?

You sigh.

Of course it is, I was the one blaming them in the first place ...

You hear a faint knocking on the door that slowly gets louder as you come back to reality. When you realise what's happening Kai is already in front of you, a smirk plastered on his annoying face.

He spreads out his arms and yells, "I'm back baby!"

You stay quiet staring at the ground, wishing you weren't here right now.

He turns to Kyungsoo and Sehun, who are smiling out of victory.

"You guys," he points at them, chuckling, "have done a great job."

Then he crouches down in front of you and grabs your chin, forcing you to face him.

"You brought my little Y/n back and managed to carry out this plan in a great way. Now we only have to get that necklace." He smiles innocently.

"Don't worry Y/n-ah, I won't hurt you anymore. You are one of us now," he says and brings his lips to your forehead. 

A wave of disgust and sadness washes over your entire body followed by a tear escaping your eye, which you quickly wipe away.

"I will do my best to help you guys," you say as confidently as you can.

Kai chuckles again. "You mean you will do your best to help us in order to keep them safe? It's okay. You will marry me anyways, and maybe even fall for me?"

You try your best to keep a straight face when his intense eyes bore into yours.

"Don't you dare betray us," he finally says and walks away with the others following behind.

You sigh in relief.

Baekhyun is left in the room with you, he waits for them all to leave and sits down next to you.

"You okay?" he asks you. 

You nod, while staring in front of you.

"Better than ever."

...

"Welcome back Y/n, are you feeling better?" Umji asks you when you sit down next to her.

"Yeah. I rested well at home, so my energy is fully recharged and I can now really start this school year." You smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. By the way, I have something to tell you!" she squeals making you chuckle.

"What is it?" you ask curiously.

"I, have a boyfriend now," she says happily. "You know him too."

"Oh my god, who is it? I'm so excited to meet him!"

You felt happy for her but your heart was aching at the same time.

"It's nice that you are back Y/n but can you now please stop chatting and let me teach?" the teacher shouts from across the classroom.

You jump up from the sudden voice and smile sheepishly.

"Sorry sir, I will be quiet now," you say and quickly get your notebook from your bag.

During the time you were gone they discussed lots of stuff and you were barely keeping up with what the teacher was saying.

When the teacher finally ends the class you sigh deeply and write down the last few notes and keywords so that you won't forget everything he just explained.

"Aish," you say while shaking your hand in pain. It felt like your hand was dying off from writing too much.

"Hey, you ready to meet him?" Umji asks while smiling cutely.

You nod vigorously, "Yes!"

You were really curious about his personality. Will he be really cool and laid back type of guy, or will he be very cute and childish like the ... boys.

You followed Umji towards the cafeteria and as soon as you enter you catch a glimpse of,

Kim Taehyung.

But as you try to ignore his stares, Umji walks straight towards him.

Oh no, could it be ... ?

And just what you hoped wouldn't happen, actually happened. The thing you were most afraid of, the thing you wouldn't want to see even in your worst nightmares.

Umji walks over to Taehyung's side and gives him a quick peck on his cheek. A stabbing pain makes its way to your heart. Blushing slightly, she faces you and you smile at her. It was the only thing you could do at the moment. You couldn't break down, not here. Not in front of them. You just had to pretend that you're happy for them. That you haven't had the best memories of your life with him. That he wasn't the most important person in your life.

"You recognise him right? It's Taehyungie from elementary school!" she happily screams out.

"I don't want to remind you of those bad memories, but it's such a coincidence and I can't believe that after all these years I could still like him this much!" Umji rambles on, you just nod.

Your head was empty and your hands were numb, as well as your heart. You couldn't believe he had already moved on. That he could forget you this fast. 

Did he love me that little? How could his heart be like that and mine be like this? 

You were broken from the inside.

"I'm really happy for you guys," you say, looking at Umji and then at Taehyung.

You were genuinely happy for them, and for Taehyung. He didn't have to be sad about you anymore. He didn't have to suffer because of you. He really moved on like you told him to, and maybe you should do too. It's what's best for him. Even though it hurts like hell, he will be better off without me.

And just like that you turned around and left.

You left, and never looked back.

[A/N]

So I'm kinda back but not really lol, this chapter took me incredibly long to write omg. 

I hope my writing speed will increase a bit so I won't have to keep you guys waiting and anticipating all the time. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and that the next chapter will come soon.

sophia out :3