❧ 16. diary

"Kim Taehyung," he says with a tear escaping his eye.

"Kim .. Taehyung?" you repeat with a frown. 

It sounded familiar, as if you had said the name countless times before.

He let go of your hands, since he didn't want to make you uncomfortable with his presence which you don't even recognise.

"Ah! You were the one that stayed with me while I was in coma,' you say in realisation.

Taehyung just nods.

"So, who are you to me?" you ask in curiosity while sitting up a bit more.

He clears his throat.

"I don't really know what I am to you," he says. 

His voice was soft and broken. It made your heart ache.

"Are you family?"

His eyes spread wide in shock and he waves his hands around.

"No no no, definitely not."

"Then what am I to you?" you ask and look him in the eyes.

He smiles while thinking about it.

"You are the person I have loved since the day I met you."

Your lips part. Your heart and face feel warm.

"Did I love you too?" you ask with big eyes.

"Like I said, I don't know what I was to you ..."

You suddenly felt bad. You couldn't remember what had you done to him.

Did I hurt him? 

You hold his hand.

"Whatever happened between us, I'm sorry if I hurt you."

You give him a sincere and warm smile.

"You were not the one that hurt me on purpose. I hurt you and ended up hurting myself too."

You were frustrated as you don't remember a thing but didn't let it show because it clearly is something even taehyung doesn't want to remember.

"Can I give you a hug?" you ask him.

For some reason you wanted to keep him close to you and the question just flopped out.

He nods and helps you sit up straight with your legs now faced towards him.

You slowly wrap your arms around his neck and bring you body closer to his while resting both of your heads on each others shoulders.

Everything feels familiar, his scent, the warmth, the heat you feel growing on the inside.

You want to remember him, everything about him.

...

You open your eyes and find yourself in the hospital bed again.

Did I fall asleep?

The doctor enters your room with a box of stuff.

"Ah, you're awake. Did you have a nice nap?" he asks you while getting all the stuff out of the box and on the table that is a few feet away from your bed.

"I slept fine," you answer monotonously. 

"Doctor, what are are these things?" you ask while looking at the table.

"Well, come take a look." 

He helps you out of the bed and you slowly walk towards the table.