❧ 15. lost

"I love you."

...

He was seated next to your hospital bed, exhausted from all the happenings and extremely anxious for wanting you to wake up.

"Please Y/n," he said, "please just wake up."

After all these years Taehyung had finally found you but he didn't want to see you like this, when your life was on the line. He couldn't apologise for hurting you. He couldn't explain to you how much he loved you, how much it hurt him when you left and how much he wanted you to stay with him, forever.

[TAEHYUNG POV] *flashback*

"Yoojung, I already told you I am not going to quit."

I threw my usual glare at her, one that I've been giving her a lot these past few days.

"Just do your job and don't interfere with mine." 

She bows her head slightly to show that she understands and then quickly leaves the office.

I hate it when they say I should stop looking for her.

I hate it when I have to think of never seeing her again.

I hate it.

I just want to see her and kiss her. I want to be able to talk to her, to hug her, to be with her.

I bury my face in my hands, trying to stop the tears from flowing. 

"I just wish you were here..."

*knock knock*

"Come in," I said without looking because I knew it was Yoojung who would enter through that door.

I heard a few footsteps. Definitely Yoojung.

"Sir?" 

"What is it," I answered. 

There was a small pause before she continued. 

"I have bad news."

I looked up and saw our company's detective standing on Yoojung's left. I immediately stood up and greeted him with a bow.

"What kind of bad news are we talking about here?" I asked in concern.

The detective cleared his throat and began to explain.

One of the other people he had been working with to find out where Y/n is got into a car accident.

"Is he okay?" I asked, again with concern buried in my voice.

Nothing was wrong with his colleague but the real bad news was that the other car as well as the driver were in much worse condition. 

When his colleague got out of his car to check up on the driver he saw it was a familiar girl. A girl the whole company was looking for.