Don't leave

CHASES POV:

After lots of crying Alex finally got to bed, I couldn't sleep. How could I let that happen? I could have stopped her but I was just too late. I was pacing around the room.

"Come to bed," Alex says, her voice cracking and weak. I go over to her sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry I should have stopped her,"

"You couldn't stop this, she had tried a couple months ago but failed," she started crying again. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have flipped out on her."

"It wasn't your fault, you were telling the truth," I go to hug her. I didn't know what to do. I know I wouldn't sleep but I couldn't leave her right now. She needed me there but my own mind was doing all sorts of crazy things.

"The pictures you showed me, that man is my dad, he died 8 days before I was born so I never met him," She said quietly. "His body was never found so my mom never got closure,"

"I'm so sorry," She pulled me down to the bed, me still hugging her.

"Please don't leave," is all she said before laying down to go to bed. This girl meant so much to me that my heart broke to see her hurting. She fell asleep in my arms, her breath finally leveling out. I didn't ever want to hurt this girl, but I already did. I felt terrible for what I was putting her through, She didn't deserve it. I look at her to see how peaceful she looks even in this time, like all of the pain was gone.

-----------------

I stayed awake for a few more hours until I saw the sunrise. Alex was still asleep and I was glad for that.

It's around noon when she finally gets up. She wants to just stay in bed but I don't let her, I pick her up bridal style and carry her to my car, my dad was at work and there was no way she would be going to school. I lay her in the car and drove off, I knew where we were going but no one knew how much this place means to me.

Yes, I'm a 'bad boy' but I still have feelings. We arrive close to our destination and I take her to a beach cave right off the coast. No one was there normally on a Tuesday so we were alone.

 No one was there normally on a Tuesday so we were alone

I lay her on the sand out of the sun. She sits up and is just amazed by the view. "My mother and I used to go here with my dad and Cameron,"

"What happened?" she asks.

"My dad started to hit my mom, because of stress at work. He started working more she started caring less." I say, "She got fed up and left but we had to stay, that's when my dad meet Camila, my step mom." She just looks at me in shock.

"Oh," is all she says.

"Camila had a daughter of her own but she passed in a car crash that she blamed me for. She never forgave me even though I wasn't the one driving, she was." Alex comes over to hug me and I just pull her close. "Remember how you told me not to leave?"

"Yes I do,"

"I don't plan on it, you have my promise." I pull her into a sweet kiss, and we just sit there watching the calm water flow along the sand, listening to the seagulls. It was beautiful here and I never wanted this day to end.

"Will you, being a common courtesy of recent events between us, be mine?" I ask, she just blushes.

"I-I uh.... um... yes" she says stumbling on her words. She really is a nerd. But she is my nerd, god I love the way that sounds. I know that we seem to be moving quickly. Don't judge I've been waiting on this girl since she moved in.

-------------------

I decide to be funny and I throw her over my shoulder walking to the water.

"Don't you dare!" she yells pinching me, I bite her in return going faster toward the water. I hear a click as I go to put her in the water. I stop and look to see my crazy ex- Marissa, holding a camera.

"Well now I have blackmail," she said showing me the picture.

It was a good photo but blackmail, really. I didn't think she would stoop that low. "You stole him from me so now I will make your life a living hell," she said rubbing my arm, I jerk away from her.

"Marissa you crazy bitch we broke up 2 weeks ago, leave us alone" I said getting pissed off. At this point Alex had stormed off. "And as for blackmail-" I grab the camera and take out the memory card. I was keeping this picture but she isn't going to torment me with it. I ran back after Alex. She was sitting against a tree crying.

"Ju-Just g-go, I don't deserve you," She said crying.

"I don't deserve, but I sure as hell want you," I say grabbing her face. She had her glasses on and looked absolutely adorable.

Little did I know that this day would end with her leaving.