Chapter 5 - The Search For Answers

"Three of the Legendary Weapon Wielders? That sure is fast for them to show up," the demon shinobi named Raijin snickered as he tried to get up even if he was still injured because of the boomerang attack.

Kazue had already stood up, as well, but she was still staggering because of the fireball attack from the Dragon Sword of Flame's wielder, as Hiei had stated to them earlier.

"Damn you, Fire Wielder!" Kazue swore under her breath and then began to charge to them again along with Raijin. But as they tried to get near the Spirit Detectives, the boy with a blue hooded cape fixed a fighting stance and then swung the Scythe of the Deep Waters. With one swing, he managed to throw the blade of the scythe as he shouted a spell.

"Double Water Blade Strike!" Then the blade glowed and spun faster before it multiplied into two and struck both of the demon shinobi.

They all saw the two spinning blades disappear from their point of impact after causing damage to the enemies and they reappeared on the scythe. The Spirit Detectives could only stare at it with awe and curiosity at the same time.

And only one question entered their minds all at the same time when they realized what was happening. Why would the wielders help them and protect them from the demon shinobi?

"You might be surprised when we say this," the girl with the indigo hooded cape said. "But we want only the Spirit Detectives to retrieve the weapons from us, that's why we're protecting you. We know it's weird but we mean it. But it's not yet the time for us to do that. When the right time comes, we'll tell you everything."

"Oh, sure! Like I could believe in something like that just because it was said by a girl," Yusuke said sarcastically and began running towards the wielders. But before he could even touch them, he was thrown away by the barrier that was probably cast by the girl who had the Flute of Melody.

"Yusuke!" They called out and they approached him.

The girl could only smile sadly at that. And it's something that Kurama noticed.

"Just like what I said, we'll tell you everything when the right time comes," she answered and then looked in the demon shinobi's direction. They were beginning to stand and they were chanting something.

Before they could even finish chanting, the girl waved the flute in an arc shape above her and then shouted a spell.

"Crescent Melody Boomerang!" And then she threw the bright crescent-shaped indigo-colored energy boomerang to them, just like what was thrown to Raijin earlier. The boomerang severely injured the two demon shinobi since it came to them many times at a fast speed. The final blow came to them when the spinning boomerang with blade-like features sliced their bodies with just one strike. The sliced bodies of the demon shinobi turned to dust and then disappeared.

That had made them utterly shocked and a little bit scared. But only Yusuke and Kuwabara showed that to their faces. Kurama and Hiei remained steady and a little stoic but that attack was undeniably registered in their minds.

'So they're really powerful as the legend says,' Kurama thought as they watched the wielders walk away. But before they completely leave, the girl with the red hooded cape faced him.

"If I were you, better take care of the girl you had pinned your attention to. She might become the target of another demon shinobi to be used as bait to kill you, Kurama. In case you didn't know, she could sense spiritual energies from almost all kinds of beings and identify them immediately. As of now, you're the only one who could protect her."

In a blink of an eye, they vanished. But the words that the Dragon Sword of Flame's wielder left had made Kurama ponder the thought that Riya might get caught up with their mission. He couldn't let that happen.