Chapter 19 - Blazing Hearts

The kiss ended and then they faced each other. It might not have been a direct declaration of love or any confession of some sort. But it was enough for them to reach a silent understanding. They smiled and then they embraced, savoring the presence and warmth of each other while they could.

That way, doubts, and fears would fade away and leave them... even just for a while.

For that sole reason, they didn't even notice the hidden presence of some people who followed them to that cliff. Seriously, none of them could react properly or say anything when they witnessed an unexpected kissing scene between Kurama and Riya. They also heard their conversation.

"They have that kind of feelings for each other. I can't believe it," Yusuke muttered as he continued to watch his cousin and his fox demon friend together. "I guess Kurama's worries for her safety became the reason why he got injured most of the time when fighting the demon shinobis."

"And now that Riya-chan told the truth to him, he would be even more worried for her," Botan added.

"They're willing to trust each other forever... I wonder what made them say that."

They glanced at Keiko when they heard her say that. But somehow, Yusuke came up with a possible and probably plausible explanation for that.

"I bet it's Riya-chan who first said that since she trusted Kurama with all her heart despite already knowing that he's a fox demon. In some way, they trusted each other that only they could feel and understand. We just have to let them do so."

"I guess Kurama's effort to be with Riya-chan paid off," Kuwabara commented seriously. "I wish my effort to let Yukina-san know that I love her would pay off someday, too."

The others just looked at him with such doubtful eyes and they began to giggle.

"Now you ruined the serious mode here, Kuwabara. Dream on," Botan said while struggling to contain her laughter.

Kuwabara just glared at them as they continued to laugh.

'I hope you finally find yourself, Riya. That alone could make me happy for you,' Yusuke thought as he glanced at the said girl in the arms of Kurama.

xxxxxx

The next morning...

Many students were already at the school when Riya arrived there. Since they decided to practice earlier than scheduled, she arrived early. The day before the Rose Festival, the class decided that the script should be performed as a movie and not as a play. After further discussions with the teachers concerned, especially Miss Ryuuzaki, it was agreed on.

Now the scenes to be filmed would be at the school. Some of the scenes had her and Kurama in them. That was why she has to practice her lines with Kurama. She could only hope she wouldn't stammer in front of him since the event on the cliff last night was still vividly etched in her mind which made her unable to sleep early.

But she couldn't deny the fact that it made her happy deep inside. It was something she had never felt before. That sort of indefinable happiness welling up inside of her just simply recalling the kiss—it was undeniably new.

"Good morning, Riya-chan," Kirika, her classmate and Ayako's friend, greeted her as soon as she entered the room.

"Good morning, Kirika-chan," she replied with a smile. Then she saw the said girl approaching her. "Are you getting ready for the shooting?"

Kirika nodded. "We were about to head out to the rooftop since some of the scenes with you and Minamino-kun will be filmed there. We'll wait for you here so that we could go together."