Chapter 45 - The Final Trial

After changing, the gang headed to the park where they sensed enormous energy signatures-- one that they hadn't felt before. That was when they figured out that the battle would most likely happen there. Using Haruna's hypnotic power, she let the people of the city sleep and they would only wake up when the battle was over. With the exclusion of the Miyuzaki family members and Kurama's family who attended the celebration, all were put into a deep sleep.

When they arrived there, the sky turned pitch black and the whole park was covered in ice and snow as waves of dark energy started to hover over the city. The blue moon, which was the only thing that didn't turn black, was glowing in a calm and yet foreboding sense. They were not sure what would happen there but they have to do what they could to settle this matter as quickly as possible with minimal damage. They had no idea where Riya went but they knew she could help them. How? They didn't know but they trusted her.

Upon looking at the dark sky, they spotted several groups of demon shinobi approaching, each group composed of 13 demon shinobis which they knew would be hard to fight since they were too many for the gang to take down. But still, they have to fight them.

Using each of their weapons and powers, they took down the demon shinobis approaching even though they had a hard time defeating some of them because of their ranks and powers that rivaled their own. Sometimes, they got caught up in a five-to-one battle and they managed to destroy them. They were unmindful of the injuries they acquired from the enemies attacks. All they cared about was to finish that battle as soon as possible.

But it seemed that someone wouldn't want to let them finish the battle in any way because while they were fighting, Erithea appeared to them in the sky as bolts of lightning flashed and roars of thunder resounded.

"You think I would let you win this? Don't even think about it. The blue moon will soon turn red as your blood will taint the whole world before the sun rises," Erithea said before she laughed evilly. And before anyone could react, the woman materialized a staff and tossed it around, thus throwing incredibly powerful dark powers at the team.

"Shielding Winds!" Keiko shouted as rushes of golden wind surrounded the team acting as a barrier before the blast could hit them. But since the blast was too powerful, Keiko was having a hard time maintaining it.

Looking at the Wind Wielder trying her best to defend them, the rest of the group prepared themselves for another incoming attack. Keiko still managed to maintain the barrier for a minute or so before the effort to keep it up had made her drop to her knees. She was already breathing hard that made Yusuke approach her.

"Keiko, you can let it go now," Kurama suddenly said.

"But Kurama-- "

"He's right, Keiko-chan," Yumi said, stopping Keiko from continuing. "We'll do what we can to counter the blast and attack Erithea. Though with the status of our powers right now, I'm having doubts if we can make a clean hit on her."

Yukari sighed after hearing that. "Still, we have to try."

With that determination, Keiko was left with no choice but to release the wind barrier. But not until Ayako and Yukari prepared a mid-range attack just to dissipate Erithea's attack. As soon as Keiko released the barrier, the two wielders screamed their attacks.

"Light Sonic Crasher!"

The two beams from the two weapons intertwined and created a double helix to form a new beam that hit the dark blast and neutralized it. The beam also reached Erithea before she could even cast a barrier to defend herself, hitting the woman right to the chest. But it wasn't enough to take her down, much to their surprise. With Erithea now enraged because of that, she cast an even more powerful blast of dark powers on the team. Luckily, they evaded it just in time.