Ch. 4

BRENDONS POV:

I slowly opened my eyes to bright lights and white walls surrounding me. I turn to my left and see a lady figure sitting in the chair beside me. My vision was still kinda blurry, so I couldn't really tell who the lady was. After a while, I started hearing voices, but not just any voice, a female voice. At first i thought it was the nurse. Then I listened more carefully, the voice sounded so familiar.

MILAS POV:

As soon as I woke up this morning. I quickly got dressed and rushed to the hospital that Brendon was sent to yesterday. I know that I was doing was probably something that no one would think I would do, but I did it anyway. I didnt care what anyone would say. I was worried, I admit it. I was worried about Brendan! I couldn't stop thinking about him the entire morning. I kept wondering if he was okay or if something terrible happened. I had to see him okay! I just had to!

Once I finally made it to the hospital, I quickly went in and asked for Brendons room. I lied and told the doctors I was a close family friend, it was the only way they'd let me see him, so I really had no choice. As I was walking down the narrow, white, clean hallways looking for Brendons room number, I spot a women who looks very familiar in one of the rooms. I immediately stop walking and turned back to where I saw her. I get closer to the room so I can see more clearly.

Mom?

I walk inside the room slowly examining my mom sleeping in the bed. Why was she in the hospital? What happened yesterday? What was my dad trying to tell me?

I stood there looking at her with so many questions that I completely forgot that I came here to see Brendon. I get a text from my dad asking where I was, but before I could reply, a nurse enters the room, startling me.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean startle you, are you two close?" The nurse asks.

"Uh y-yeah, she's my mom. What's wrong with her." I tell her

"You don't know?"she asks with a confused look on her face.

I shook my head

"Well yesterday during the afternoon, your mother got into a intense car accident, which led her into a coma. She has a couple broken bones, and is still having some trouble breathing." "So far, everything has stayed the same since the incident, but I will let you know if we get any news on her"

I felt the color draining from my face, as I took in everything the nurse just told me. I couldn't believe it. Here I am trying to be the most perfect person in my school, thinking that I was the best, when In reality.......I should be paying more attention to my family, instead of my looks.

I hear my phone ding again and decide to reply back to my dad.

Dad: Why aren't you answering your phone?

Me: sorry dad...I'm at the hospital. I saw mom. I look over to my mom who was still sleeping.

Dad: oh, honey I'm sorry, why didn't you tell me you were going there.

Me: I actually came here to see Brendan.
A small smile appeared to me face as I typed in Brendons name. What's wrong with me?

Dad: Brendon? Who's that?

Me: just a kid from school..
Not just any kid.

Dad: alright, well I'm on my way.

Me: ok.

I shut my phone and told the nurse I'll be back. I left the room and continued to search for Brendons room. As soon as I found it, I see him having a conversation with his mom. It looked pretty intense, so I turned around leaving then continue with their conversation. As I turned around I heard Brendons voice speak up.

"Mila?" He gently yells to me.

I turned around giving him a smile, and slowly walk into his room. His mom looks at me and gives me the most disgusted look. I smile at her too....just to be nice.

"Hey Brendon!" I whisper yell to him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me

"Just visiting someone" I tell him.
Him, I was visiting him!

An awkward silence came between us, until I broke it and asked him how he was feeling.
Before Brendon could answer, his mom told him that she was going to restroom. Leaving me and Brendon.....alone.

"I'm doing fine thanks for asking" he reply's.

"That's good, I'm really gla-" He interrupts me.

"Why are you really here Mila?" He looks right into my eyes, giving me his complete attention.

I just stood there not knowing what to say.

"Are you just gonna stand there and not say anything" he sounded annoyed and angry.

"I came here because I felt bad about what happened the other day at school, and I was worried about you!" I snapped back at him

His eyes widen a bit, he seemed so shocked at what I just said to him.

"I'm sorry" I look down as I whisper to him

He doesn't say anything for a while. Another moment of silence came over us, but this time he broke it.

"Why now, Mila?" he asks as he looks up at me.

"What do you mean?" I Ask back looking at him.

"Why are you being nice to me?, or even caring about me? you never did. Everything changed since high school, so why are you here talking to me, when you could be with your dumb group of stuck-up people that you call your friends. You could be having the time of your life right now partying, but instead you chose to come to the hospital to visit me? I don't get it Mila? I just don't."

Everything he just said makes me think about how I've been acting my entire year of high school. Memories to to flush back into my head. Memories of me with my friends partying, and coming home drunk every night.
I was the perfect example of a horrible child, I was the worst role-model to anyone. How is it that I'm just realizing all of this right now.

I didn't say anything

"Mila?, can you please just say something....anything?" He whispers to me.

I snap back into reality and look down at brendon. I handed him the flowers and 'get well soon' card that I'd been holding in my hand. He grabs them but is still waiting for an answer.

I get a text from my dad telling me that he is here and is waiting for me. I reply back to him with an 'okay I'm coming' . I look back at Brendon.

"I'm sorry, I need to go, but I hope I see you at school soon" I whisper back

He gives me a weak smile and I give one back. I finally leave the room, and go back to my moms room.

Ughhhh I'm soooo tired. This literally took FOREVER to write and it's a pretty long chapter to enjoy it please. Or at least I think it was pretty long. Anyways I have school tomorrow and I don't feel like going Oh and it's 1:52 AM. Great..