Ch.6

MILAS POV:

It was silent. Until Brendon decided to speak again.

"I'm sorry" he turns his head to look at me.

I turn my head too. But then furrowed my brows showing that I was confused for what he was sorry for.

"For what?" I simply asked sitting up still looking at him.

He sits up too and turns his body facing me.
He lets out a sigh before looking down at the ground before continuing.

"Honestly... just everything." he answered now looking right into be eyes.

"You want to be more specific?" I asked giggling.

He chuckled too keeping his eyes still on me.
Then he broke away eye contact and was now looking at what was once a sunrise, and is now just a blue sky.

"Well...." he says looking towards the sky then looks down.

I got more and more curious each time he spoke. He looked back at me with soft eyes, and I swear I felt my heart burst the moment we made eye contact. I don't know what happened but he just looked at me so differently then all the other times. I looked down to his lips, which I hadn't realize till now how soft and plump they looked.

If I'm going to be honest.... at the moment all wanted to do was grab him and kiss him passionately.

But I didn't. I looked up back into his eyes, showing him that I was desperate for an answer. I knew that I was falling in love. But I never thought it would be with Brendon.
Can you believe it? I mean can i believe it?

Me falling in love with Brendon.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it sounds. So I try my best to get that thought out of my head. I let out a sigh then look back to the sky.

"I'm sorry for the fight at school.." he says in almost a whisper, his voice was deep and raspy.

I look down now fiddling with my fingers, not knowing how to reply. He continues to speak.

"I'm also sorry for what happened at the hospital the other day." He looks down too, but the expression he had on his face showed that he was disappointed in himself.

Now I look at him with soft eyes.

"I didn't mean it to seem like I was mad at you" He says.

"I think I was just mad because of my mom" his voice breaks a little, and it was very quiet but I heard it. "I- I don't want you to think I'm a jerk, or some coward". This time he whispers it to me.

"Brendon?" I grab for his chin and turn it facing toward me, making him force eye contact with each other. He looked genuinely sorry, and it made my heart hurt seeing him like this.

"You don't have to be sorry...I do" I whisper back to him while dropping my hand from his chin. He furrows his brows together and looks now curious for what I have to say.

"I'm sorry for leaving you at middle school.." I say to him.

"Mil-" he tries to say but I cut him off.

"No, seriously Brendon, what I did to you in middle school was such a Bitch move." I chuckle. He does the same.

"Maybe if I hadn't leave you....we'd still be best friends." I smiled at him.

"Maybe" he smiled back.

I turn to grab my phone and look at the time. My eyes widen as i look at the time realizing we were going to be late for school.

"What?" He asks worried because of the expression I had on my face.

I show him the time and his eye widen too.

"Shit, we're going to be late" he stood up in a rush and I do the same. We both get up and before leaving we say goodbye.

"See you at school Mila!" He says while starting to jog away.

"Bye!" I yell back watching him run back home. Then I continue to do the same.

——

School ended pretty quickly. I was kinda glad because then I can meet up with Brendon and we can hang out. Maybe we can become friends again too, like how we used to be. My thoughts were interrupted by someone yelling my name down the hall.

"Mila!" 

I turned to see who was calling my name.
It was Audrey. My best friend since freshman year. 

"Mila?" She says out of breath, and I turn to look at her. "Why weren't you answering me?" She asks looking kinda annoyed.
"Sorry, I was busy.." I answered while getting my backpack out of my locker.

"Well anyway, Erick is hosting a party tonight and your coming" she tells me while leaning against the locker next to mine.

I roll my eyes and close my locker once I'm done getting my things. Then I look at her with an 'are you serious' expression on my face. Showing her that I was in no mood at all to go to a party.

"Your coming whether you like it or not" she says raising her eyebrows at me.

"Can I at least bring someone" I ask her.

"Is he hot?" She asks me, and I stood there still waiting for a proper answer.

"Ugh yes you can bring someone. Gosh your no fun" she gives me a sarcastic smile and walks away.

I do the same . At least I can try to convince Brendon to coming to the party with me. Maybe even help him loosen up.

——

After school I quickly spot Brendon in the parking lot going towards his car, so I decided to run behind his car in the other direction and wait for him, and maybe scare him for fun.

"BOO!" I yell after jumping out of my hiding spot making Brendon jump and drop his keys. I laugh and he does the same.

"Seriously Mila?" He laughs while picking up his keys.

"Yes, now I have a question to ask you, and the only thing you can reply with is a yes" I tell him while leaning against his car door.

"Well What's the question?" He asks walking towards me.

"Actually it's not really a question.." I say as I realize there's a better way to convince him to coming.

"Okay, well then what is it that you want to tell me?" He asks smiling at me and I smile back.

"Your coming to Ericks party with me tonight." I say as my smile grows even larger hoping for the answer that I want.

Brendons POV:

Heck no, are you kidding me? A party? Me? Going a party? WITH MILA? I can barely even act normal around her.

"I-uh, don't think so Mila?" I try to tell her In the sweetest voice hoping that I don't hurt her feelings. Why would she want me to come anyways?

Her big smile quickly turned into a frown.

"Please brendon?" She asks me in almost a whisper. And her eyes were full of hope. Then her lip turned to a pout.

———

Author: one vote for the next chapter. JUST ONE lol. Comment your thoughts on this chapter, I'd love to her what you guys think.