Chapter One

I am currently working on a book called Mileena's Body. Please check out!

Adeline

Moving to a different place is my least favorite thing in the world. My older brother, Travis, seems to be more eager than me. Same thing with my parent since my mother was the one to get a really good job. And my dad being really excited about this has decided to become a stay-at-home dad to make sure my mother doesn't worry about a thing and to take care of us.

Now, moving to a town to a whole new environment is going to be a bit difficult since my brother is over protective of me, especially when it came to boys. I know he is going to make it more difficult for me to make friends.

I don't know why he is so overprotective. I'm still trying to find out why is he like that. I have already asked my parents why, but their answer is always the same. "That's how older brothers are."

I mean don't get me wrong it feels nice to have a brother like that, but he is so overbearing and annoying. At this point, I probably won't get married because of him.

"Hey, Adeline!" I jolted.

"Get your butt out of the car already." My brother Travis ordered me. Travis had my dad genes, but he was slightly taller than my dad. His height always towers me and when he wants to have a conversation with me he always bends down. While I, on the other hand, still short. "Hurry up your going have to choose your room. Or I'll pick it for you."

"Alright, alright! Geez." I got out of the car. No way am I going to let him pick my room.

"Go pick your room. And I'll be right behind you with some of your stuff. Okay, Addy?" He said. Addy was the nickname he gave me when I was ten. I like the nickname, only my family says it, no one else does except my best friend. But when he calls me by my full name, it's either he needs my attention or his angry at me, so rarely.

"Okay." I nodded my head.

"Meow." My grey cat, Ginger, meowed from his pet carrier. "Ready to go inside to our new house, Ginger?"

We went inside a two floored blue Victorian house. The Victorian house had a cozy feeling with its beautiful structure and wood carving on the stairwell. I went up to the second floor and I saw there were three rooms. I went to the room that had circler room with a cute book nook which won my heart. The room had high ceiling with small cute chandelier hanging making the room more beautiful.

"So you already picked your room?" My brother asked from behind as I set Ginger down opening the carrier and started to inspect the room.

"Yep, I like this room. It has bookshelves so I can put my romance and mythical books. So it's perfect. Plus Ginger likes it too." I giggled as he laid down and started to purr in happiness.

"Hahaha. You would pick this room, Addy." My brother put the box down and patted my head. "Then I'll get the room that's right next your room. Dad already claimed the other room for his office and the downstairs bedroom is mom and dads." He explained.

"Sounds fair to me." I nodded.

"And you should help me with the other boxes as well." He patted my head again. I noticed the Ginger was already at the window looking outside.

"Okay," I groaned in annoyance. I know one of the boxes have books in them and I mean they are heavy.

"Don't worry Addy. I'll help you carry your books later." He chuckled.

"Yes!" I shouted.

Several hours later.

"Finally!" My dad shouted. He put down the last box. "Ginger, get off the box." But Ginger refused.

"I never realized we had so much stuff." My mom said from the kitchen.

"Well, we better start putting our stuff away. I know you like books, Addy, but my goodness your books are really heavy." My dad said.

"I know, Dad. Sorry about that." I smiled innocently.

"Travis, help Addy put her books in her room." My mom ordered him.

"Okay, mom." Travis obeyed mom's orders.

"Don't worry Travis, I'll help you." I said to him. I helped him bring my stuff up to in my room. I was already starting to sweat from my forehead. I could feel my face start to heat up. We finally arrived to my room with a sigh of relief when we finally set the boxes down in my room.

"I'm going to break my back like this." My brother complained.

"Oh, stop complaining." I scolded him.

"Guess what, Addy?" He looked my way with a evil smirk.

"What?" Oh, unicorns poop. What is he going to tell my now?

"We're going to school tomorrow." He sounded excited.

"Oh, great. Already? Which school?" I said as I rolled my eyes. My brother was a senior and I was a junior.

"Elenor High School, home of the Pirates, it isn't that far away." I rolled my eyes again. "Hey, don't worry Addy. This time I won't be so over protective, I promise." We pinky-promised.

"You better, Travis." For some reason, I don't trust that pinky-promise.

Travis

I crossed my fingers behind my back while I pinky-promised my baby sister. It's a good thing the box is between us. I don't like leaving my sister alone with anyone that tries to hurt her, especially with guys. I'll beat the crap out of anyone who tries to hurt my baby sister. They'll regret ever hurting my baby sister, that I'll promise. Well, even though she's a year younger than me, she's still my baby sister.

Addy yawned. "I guess it's time for us to go to sleep, Travis."

I yawned as well. "Guess you're right."

"Time to eat guys! We'll continue putting our stuff back tomorrow!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Well, let's eat first and then go to sleep." Addy nodded.

We ate our dinner and went to our own bedroom to sleep. As I lay on my bed, even though I haven't put covers yet, I'm worried what's going to happen to Addy when we go to school tomorrow. She's not really sociable, I don't think it's because of me or is it? I am just doing my job as an older brother protecting his dorky sister.

Did she remembered that day?

I highly doubt it, she couldn't remember what happened that day, all she thought was a nightmare.

I'll do whatever I can to protect her, no matter what.

-----------------

Woah! I put up chapter one...should I put chpater 2...*thinking*...yeah I should!!! \(>.<)/ Anyways don't expect too much heheh, but I will update next week!! ~(> <)~ Promise!!