Chapter 7: The Experiment

It was time. It was finally time for the experiment. I could see everyone become tense. "Okay can everyone please stand up and follow me into the experiment room. Single file please." Kate says pointing towards the door. She starts walking and we all stand up to follow. I suddenly feel someone garb my arm. I turn to look and I see Ella with her hand on my wrist. I already knew what this is about. She drags me to the back of the line. "Why didn't you tell him!?" she whisper shouts. I sigh. "I wasn't ready Ella." I reply. She shakes her head. "Your gonna have to do it some day April." she replies. "When is that day gonna be?" "I-I.... oh I'm not sure. Maybe My super power will be bravery." Ella let's out a small laugh. "Come on April let's catch up with the others."

We run to the back of the line. At this point the front is already in the experimenting room. Once everyone is in the room Kate gives us a basic briefing on what's gonna happen. "Okay guys, what's gonna happen is that you will all be put to sleep and during the night we will perform the experiment. Then you'll wake up tomorrow morning. You may feel a little drowsy but that won't last very long. Here are some clothes for you to put on for the night. Now one person at a time in the changing room." We all grab the clothes then get changed.

After we are all changed Kate tells us where we'll be sleeping. "All of the beds have a name on them. Find your name and lie down on the bed. The professors will come shortly. Good night I'll see you in the morning. I looked around the room. On the beds closest to me I noticed some names. None of them were mine. As I walk through the second row of beds I notice Ella's name on the far left. Again, I couldn't see my name. I proceeded to the third and final row. I find my name on the bed in the middle of the third row. I lay down. It's surprisingly comfortable, I mean for a bed that they are going to experiment on. I look to my right and see Jason lying down on the bed. He turns to look at me. I smile and give him a little wave. He smiles and waves back. On my left I see Tom sitting on his bed looking worried. "Hey Tom." I say. He looks at me. "Your gonna be okay. We'll all be okay." He smiles a little. "Thanks April. See you in the morning." He replies looking better. I smile and turn to look at Jason.

I'm just about to say something when I hear someone speak up from the front of the room. "Okay children." the professor says "It's time for the experiment to happen. Now a professor will come around to you and inject you with some stuff that will make you fall asleep. No need to panic, it's just like you'll be going to sleep then you'll wake up tomorrow and we will have finished the experiment. Goodnight everyone."

I look around and see that I'm the only person that doesn't have a professor putting them to sleep. I see the professor coming towards me. "Hello April." he says once he arrives at my bed. "Just relax. This may sting but it won't last very long." I feel something being injected into my arm and I start to feel very tired. I know that this is what is meant to happen so I just relax. The last thing I see is the professor looking down at me. "Goodnight April." I hear him say as my vision fades and everything goes black.