Surprise ; 놀람

Jungkook did not look happy at all.

Before I knew it, he was already holding tight on to my wrist and tugging me up. Helplessly, I was half-dragged out of the classroom whilst Jimin flashed me a sympathetic look. It was only when we had left the music room and now in an empty classroom at the other end of the school that I pulled away from him.

 "Jungkook!" I said, flustered and starting to feel angry. 

"What?" he replied with a glare.

"Was it necessary to be that dramatic?" I replied, regaining my dignity.

"Well was it necessary to ignore me for nearly a whole week?" Jungkook replied, his cold lifeless sounding voice causing me to flinch.

"Well are you going to explain? Why you suddenly dragged me out of the classroom?"

"Simple," Jungkook replied, swinging his leg and placing it on the desk, avoiding my eyes. "I don't want you to hang around with him."

Oh I've had it now, who does he think he is, deciding who and who I can't hang around with?

"We were just talking, that's all-" despite my previous burst of anger, I let out a giggle remembering something that Jimin had said.

Jungkook turned to glower at me. I felt strangely intimidated, on the edge of my chair and fiddling with my fingers instead of paying attention.

I couldn't help but notice one thing, although I said he looked angry, from his intense glare I could sense something else. Pain? Guilt? No.

Jealousy.

But my train of thoughts was cut off as Jungkook finally spoke.

"I know my friend. He's a great guy," he said slowly, biting his lip, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

I just don't want you to get hurt.

Don't want you to get hurt.

Hurt.

Whether it was me having enough, or his words somehow triggering me, I jumped up, facing him and looking at him coldly even though by now there were tears in my eyes.

"That's ironic, coming from you."

And with that I left the classroom, running to get out of there before I heard anything else. I had almost reached the end of the corridor when I bumped right into someone...

Chae.

She looked up in shock, our gazes meeting for two seconds before she looked back down again.

Seeing my best friend in such a broken state, her figure limping, a sad look in her eyes and downcast expression was a breaking point for me. I burst into tears right there on the floor, with Chae right beside me. All of a sudden I felt arms wrapping around me tightly, and I open my eyes to see her even closer to me, still sobbing with her eyes closed.

Sitting there quietly for a few moments, she suddenly spoke, her eyes looking directly into mine. 

"You're not allowed to leave me again." At that I let out a soft smile.

-

I kicked my legs up on to my bed, letting out a sigh. I felt much better now that I had resolved the problem with my friends. A lot of the uneasiness had disappeared after I decided to tell Hayeon, Jieun and Mei everything that Chae already knew. 

I rolled to the other side of my bed to avoid the sun's rays peaking out from behind the curtains, bathing the light room in a sparkling golden light. I couldn't deny that some of the uneasiness was still there, and the cause of it was Jungkook.