Chapter 18

Okay, before we begin, I just want to say sorry in advance. (I'm just gonna give you your cake now, because you probably won't except ANYTHING from me after this except a re-write.)

^^Elsa POV^^

That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. The look on his face was one I never want to see again. It broke my heart, but not as much As what I'm about to do. Not as much As the look on his face will be when I tell him what I've done. But it has to be done.

So here I sit, waiting outside the boys locker room for Bunny and the rest of the hockey team to come out. I knew Jack wasn't there. He stopped showing up to practice. He stopped showing up to school. Every day after school I considered going to his house but always thought better of it. He wouldn't want to see me. Why would he? I won't even entertain the thought that he might be thinking about me. I don't deserve it. He doesn't even go to his window anymore to watch the moon. I don't know what he does.  And his dad only left the house twice: once without Jack, once with. I watched as they drove away in their red suburban and went to who-knows-where. It's not like I can call and ask where he went. Well, I could but that would be akward for us both.

So instead I sit and think, wondering where they could possibly be going and why Jack's father allowed him to miss a week's worth of school.

Just then, the locker room door flew open and interrupted my thoughts. Bunny spotted me and walked over. He gave me a quick hug and we walked outside.

When we got outside, the sun clouded my vision and I had to squint to see. I led Bunny to a shady area and we sat on a bench. "Is everything alright?" he asked. I paused, then slowly shook my head.

"There's something I have to tell you, something I've been trying to tell you for a while now." I said and hesitated. Should I tell him? Yes, he deserves to know. So I told him. Everything, starting from my first day at this stupid school up until the day Jack kissed me. "So, you see, I've been trying to tell you, but I just couldn't. So I did some thinking until I made my choice." And so I told him about my talk with Jack after his birthday dinner. "And now I need to talk to you. Bunny, I-" but he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine.

"I understand. Now, come on, I'll drive you home." he said and I nodded. We walked to his car and I slid into the passenger seat. He started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot and drove onto the highway. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you doing? My house is that way." I said and pointed behind us.

"I'm taking you to get ice cream, my treat. You look like you could use it." He teased and I knew he was referring to my blood shot eyes and drowsiness.

He took me to Brahms and got me ice cream. By the time We finished, it had started raining. We ran to his car and he pulled onto the tollway and we went across this bridge. There were only two cars, us and another. It was pouring down hard and the water was making the dirt from the ditch below muddy. I turned to ask Bunny a question when I saw a pair of headlights coming strait at us. I barely had time to scream Bunny's name before the impact hit us. We jerked to the side and slammed into the bridge railing. Crashing through it, we toppled over the side and landed on the side of the ditch below. By then the airbags had deployed and I couldn't see anything. All I felt was myself rolling as the car rolled down the muddy turf. The last thing I remember was the. truck. hitting the bottom with a splash of mud before everything went dark.

^^^^

I bet you all hate me. Tell me about it in the comments below!!