CHAPTER 40: Coma

Clary awoke, her eyes adjusting to the light peeking in from her window. She had been feeling depressed for the past week, because of the letter she received.

The Greymarks are dead.

She sat up, and someone knocked on her door.

She walked over to her mirror and smoothed down her hair. She walked over to the door, and slowly turned the knob. She opened the door to find Jace standing in her doorway.

"Hi." He said to her.

Frowning, she said, "Hey."

Jace's face looked sad. He pushed his way into her room and he hugged her, tightly.

She nuzzled her head into the nape of his neck as he rubbed her back.

"Are you okay?" Jace asked.

"No," Clary admitted. "I don't know why though. I didn't really know them," she pulled back to look into his eyes. "Why am I so depressed about it?"

Jace kissed her cheek. "Because you felt bad for what you did."

"Feel bad." Clary corrected.

Jace looked straight at her. "It'll be okay." He promised, and she saw it in his eyes.

She kissed his lips.

At first, the kiss was just a thank you. She began to pull away, but before she could, Jace cupped his hands on the sides of her face and deepened the kiss. It turned into a passionate kiss, then a hungry and fierce kiss.

Clary moaned against his lips, feeling blood rush into her face.

She felt Jace smile and pulled her blindly over to her bed.

He tripped, falling onto the bed.

Clary laughed slightly as Jace flipped himself over so that he was on top of her.

He started to pull off her shirt and she let him.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jocelyn was thought to be dead.

Truth, she was in a coma.

She heard everything around her. Luke and her daughter were dead, for sure.

One thing rung through her mind: Clary.

She felt nothing for her son, Jonathan.

He was a demonic child whom never cried. Had eyes as dark as the night. How could she love a demon child?

She tried breaking out of the coma, chanting to herself: Clary, Clary, Clary.