CHAPTER 14: Parabatai Patches

"Clary! Clary, can we talk?" Simon was running after his parabatai.

She stopped in her tracks and she let him touch her shoulder. "Hey," he felt tears running down his cheeks. "Clary. Please talk to me."

She grabbed his wrist, showing no affection at all, and pulled him up the last flight to their rooms. She sat on the top step. He sat next to her. "Clary. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said to Jace. I don't like him. I- I was trying to basically tell him to back off without actually saying back off."

Clary heaved. "But why Simon? Why did you do that?"

He touched her cheek. "I was jealous," Clary looked at him confused. "I was jealous that he could have you but I-" he choked on a sob. "I couldn't. Clary, not even a month after we did this whole parabatai thing I realized I loved you. But, I know we could never be together. I thought you being alone for the rest of your life would be better. Its not. I'd rather see you happy- happy with someone who loves you. Jace is right for you, Clary. When you weren't in your room sleeping, I saw the fear in his eyes." He laughed shakely. "Do you see what you do? In three days, you already have another boy who fell for you."

Simon saw the anger in Clary's eyes melt away. "Simon. Thank you for telling me the truth. Um, so after almost three years you've had a crush on me?"

Simon nodded, shyly.

"And, just because I'm the only girl you grew up around and know personally, doesn't mean I can be the only girl for you. There is some hot Shadowhunter- hotter than anyone ever- out there who deserves you and I promise you, will love you."

Simon laughed.

"You know," he said. "Even though your happy, I can see your hiding something from me."

Clary paled and dug into her pocket. "Some man gave me a paper while I was out. Its from my mother. She wants me to visit." She handed the paper to Simon.

He examined the paper. "If you don't want to go you don't have-"

"No," she told him. "I want to go."

"Alright," he said, standing up, pulling Clary with him.

They hugged and Simon whispered, "Hey,"

"Hmm?"

"Just don't get pregnant. We don't need to baby proof the Institute."

Clary laughed, pecking Simon on the cheek. "Goodnight."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jace stood at the bend of the flight of stairs listening to the last of the conversation between Clary and Simon.

"Just don't get pregnant. We don't need to baby proof the Institute."

Have heard Clary's laugh and Jace smiled, knowing she was okay.

He ran down the stairs and ran into his room.

Alec was sitting on his bed, looking worried.

"Whats up, Alec?" Jace sat next to his friend.

"Magnus wants to meet you guys." He responded.

"But, you haven't come out to Mom." Jace finished for him.

Alec knodded.

"We'll tell her. Me, you, and Izzy. She'll be okay with it." Jace assured him.

"What about Dad?"

Jace smirked. "Dad isn't here, is he?"

Alec smiled. "Looks like I have a to do list for tomorrow," Alec smiled. "I can fit that in around four thirty."

Jace laughed. "Get out of my room, warlock lover."

"Hey!" Alec sacked Jace's arm. "Don't label me!"

And with that, he walked away, laughing to himself.