Ch 2. Dirty litte secrets

I called Marabelle when my brother died. Her response was silence before the call went dead and I was left feeling alone wondering who she blamed. My father got colder and distanced himself from me blaming himself. Blaming the life he chose to live. "Something went south with club business he's not coming home little Dove." Those are the words that haunt me. Those are the words that made it easy for me to agree to not involving myself with any man wearing a patch, but there was something missing. A piece to a puzzle I would not try to solve. Yet it still picked at the back of my mind time and time again.

I walked over to the table plastering the best fake smile I could. Subtle deep breaths as I waited for the attention to fall on me. Cheesy grins stretching from ear to ear when they realized I didn't stick them with Zelda again. "Okay boys make it quick what can I get for you?" I stared at the four men impatiently as the older gentleman in the corner snapped his fingers from across the room.
"I keep telling you what I want. You keep telling me no," Angle chuckled flashing me a toothy grin. I rolled my eyes and looked over to CoCo who was trying not to laugh.
"Four beers please sweetheart and it's really no rush." I nodded and sauntered off. I could feel the tables eyes on me the whole time as I danced around the dinner. Did they know who I was? Or were they just your average men to fascinated with a pretty face.
"Can I cancel that order?" Angels voice made me jump my facing going red when I turned back to him.
"Sure."
"Maybe I'll come see you later..."he paused waiting for me to say something. "If that's something you would like."
"I close." A small smirk tickled his lips.
"I'll see you later then." I wanted to tell him not to bother. To go home and forget about whatever thought his brain was constructing of me but I couldn't.
"So are you going to sleep with him already? Or can I have a swing at it?" Zelda questioned. I looked over at the redhead she was biting her bottom lip watching Angel hungrily as he walked out. It made my blood boil until she burst into laughter.
"I'm kidding P, besides we both know I've been eyeing CoCo since the day you hired me. How a sweet girl like you knows so many 'motorcycle club' members will always be a mystery," she made sure to add air quotes as she gabbed.
"I'm not all that innocent," I remarked.
"Honey I said sweet not innocent. You keep a gun in the cash register for fuck sakes. Innocent is not the proper word for you." I shrugged in response. She was right.

The night went quickly until midnight rolled around and a large portion of the people cleared out. I sent Zelda home and kept myself busy by starting cleanup. Every time the door chimed my heart skipped, but it was never Angel walking through.
"You shouldn't be doing night shifts alone," Nestor's voice was menacing as he stared me down.
"You shouldn't be in my bar," I shot back. I was careful to keep my voice low so that the few men left inside didn't hear us talking. "I told Galindo you cause to much shit and stir up to many questions." I growled.
"Maybe I don't listen well little dove," I stoped and stared at him as he grinned down at me.
"Call me that again and I'll cut off your tongue." I warned. His hand grabbed onto mine when I tried to walk away making my whole body tense.
"You look like one angry women Ms. Alveraz," lust coated his words.
"And you Nestor look like a dead man walking!" I hissed pulling my hand away from him. The angrier I got the happier he was. It was a turn on for him and for me it made my skin feel like it was crawling off my bones.
"Get the fuck out of my bar," I let my voice get louder bringing unwanted attention to the pair of us. Unaware that while I was fighting with him Angel had walked in.
"I would listen to her. Don't want any problems now do we?" Angel spoke calmly as he watched me through the corner of his eyes.
"Galindo will be checking in." Nestor warned.
"I look forward to it." I remarked going back to cleaning tables. I could tell Angel had a lot of questions. One he was unsure of how to ask as he followed me around helping close. When two hit we were finally alone staring at each other across the table and sipping beer. The silence was comforting. I wanted to stay in this moment for as long as possible.

Six tequila shots later and I was feeling giddy. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Angel as I examined his face. I couldn't help but wonder what his lips tasted like or how his calloused hands would feel like against my skin. I tried to push it down but it just kept bubbling up.
"In the years I've known you I never have heard that you were close with Galindo," Angel blurted out.
"I'm not." I lied. "His wife on the other hand is a very close friend. She mentioned the bar had a few break ins and she was worried about me. So I get the wonderful Nestor to protect me." I rolled my eyes causing the smile to return to his face.
"There's a lot about you I don't know," he leaned in a bit more.
"What do you want to know," I swallowed hard. Temptation washed over me and I moved closer to him.
"Can I kiss you?" He asked and instead of answering him I just stared at him blankly.
"No..." I whispered. "That's a bad idea but..."
"But what?"
"I want you to anyway." He didn't wait a moment longer. He cupped my face in his hands and closed the little space left between us. It was time I stoped letting those rules control my life. As long as he didn't know who I was, was this really that bad of an idea?