Ch 10. I push you pull

By the time Angel got to my house I was pacing the hallways trying to figure out how to put my thoughts into words. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a warm smile that seemed to just turn my mind to mush. I loved this man. But what if this life turned him into my father.
"I can't do this anymore Angel," I finally spoke.
"Do what?" He furrowed his brows sitting down. I kneeled in front of him. My body was shaking as I looked at him kissing him for what I feared was the last time.
"I think you know exactly what I mean Angel." I sighed. "It's not that I don't love you."
"Then What is it Paloma? What's making you run? Your dad?" He raised his voice. "Because fuck what he thinks. I know what he did was messed up. But I'm not going to be that guy so stop. Don't ruin the best thing that's happened to me." In that moment I stoped thinking and pounced on him. Within minutes our clothes were scattered across the house and we were tangled up in one another.

"I realize I was being drastic," I pulled the sheets up to cover myself as Angel looked for his clothes.
"I understand why but I'm going to do everything in my power to protect you." He promised. All I could do was take his word for it and pray we didn't become monsters like my father.

Months went by and I was beginning to miss my father. Marcus Alvarez should have been dead to me, but the closer I got to Angels family the more I craved to put mine back together. We were sitting at Felipe's house with EZ having dinner waiting to tell them the news we just found out.
"Angel why are you acting so weird did you knock Paloma up or something?" EZ chuckled making me choke on his water and Angel glare at his little brother.
"Angel?" Felipe looked between us a small grin tickling his lips.
"We're having a baby. Thanks for ruining the surprise EZ," he shoved him playfully. I couldn't help but smile at all of them.
"You've felt like a part of this family for a while now Paloma, but I want to say welcome. You've made a good man out of my son."