Ch 7. Breaking point

To say I felt defeated was an understatement. I felt gutted and lost as I tried to repress what my mother had told me weeks ago. "Your father is the one who killed him" I no longer had to wonder why he blamed himself. He should. It should eat at him every day when he wakes, and haunt his dreams morphing them into the most gruesome of nightmares. I knew my father to be a killer. It was this life, but I did not expect this. This was the unthinkable. He was now the monster he had been trying to protect me from.
"Have you been sleeping?" Miguel questioned. I did not turn to look at him I continued to stare at the small framed photo on my lap. The glass was cracked from me throwing it at the wall disfiguring the image of me on my fathers shoulders.
"I see it happening if I close my eyes," I remarked. "I hear his voice begging." There was no emotion left in me. I was a hallow shell. Eyes empty and heart shattered.
"Have you spoke to him. Maybe she has it wrong?" This caught my attention. I turned to him and glared.
"Get the fuck out of my house." I growled. I pulled the gun I had sitting under my chair cushion and pointed it at him. "Killing is in my blood so I would run if I were you." Miguel sat there calmly letting my outburst roll of his shoulders as if it were nothing.
"Learning your father is a monster isn't easy. I know this little dove." He kneeled in front of me wiping my tears with his thumb. "I am not leaving you here to deal with this alone."
"Monster." I said the word out loud handing my friend my weapon.  "That was just supposed to be something I was afraid lived under the bed. Not something real. Not my father." A loud sob escaped my lips and I could tell Miguel didn't know how to comfort me. So we sat there in silence because that was how we were taught to be. Silent and oblivious to our fathers motives.

I woke up to Angel carrying me to bed. I assumed Miguel left when the roar of motorbikes approached. Angels eyes watching me carefully as he laid me down.
"I love you." I mumbled.
"I love you to." He kissed my forehead before crawling in beside me. I crawled close to him and enjoyed the warmth radiating off of him. "Are you doing okay?" He questioned drawing circles on my back.
"I'm processing." I replied quickly sitting up to stare at him. "Angel I want to meet your father." I swore his eyes popped out of his head at my sudden outburst. "I need to see what a good one is like."
"Tomorrow. I will take you to him tomorrow." For the first time in weeks I slept peacefully. Nightmares didn't cause me to scream to the point where Angel had to shake me awake. It was refreshing. It was needed.
"You slept well?" Angle hummed as he lazily wrapped his arms around my waist. I was starting breakfast wearing a soft smile and just His T-shirt. The soft hum of the radio made me sway my hips as I worked away.
"Yes it was nice." I kissed his cheek handing him his eggs and toast. "I can't mourn him again. I can just do my best to not become my father," It wasn't pity in Angels eyes as he listened to me. It was pure relief.
"But it's time my father found out I knew who he really is, and what's he's capable of."