Ch 8. No forgivness

The amount of missed calls from Marcus Alvarez on my phone was ridiculous. I had nothing to say to him. Everything I thought I knew had turned out to be a fabrication of his making. That was not the life I wanted to live. It was a lightbulb went off as to why he didn't want me to close to the club. If I got to close I would find out what kind of man he was. A murderous monster who truly had no room in his heart for family.
"You should have told me," I told Bishop. "I don't care if he made you promise. You should have found a way." I was practically scolding his as I paced across the kitchen. "I do care about your safety. I will always care about your safety but I've trusted you my whole life Bish and..." I stoped moving and turned to him. "And I shouldn't be getting mad at you right now. I should be getting mad at him." I grabbed my coat and ran for the door. When I got to Angels house the bike I saw in the driveway made anger boil inside of me.
"You stay the hell away from my daughter!" My fathers voice shook the house but I was left unmoved as I walked in head held high.
"You will get the hell away from him instead." I kept my voice steady but confident as I got in between my father and Angel.
"Paloma this doesn't concern you," my father warned.
"Really? Because if you are telling him to stay away from me then it concerns me." I snap. "I realized why you wanted me to stay away from the Mayans for all these years. It wasn't for my protection. It was for yours."
"Paloma what are you talking about?"
"P come on if you go down this road you can't go back." Angel began to pull me away from my father as hot tears streamed down my face.
"Like he can't come back from killing my brother!" I screech. "Does it haunt you?!" My voice cracks. "Will you kill me next?!" My fathers face lost colour as his eyes focused in on me. My words floated in the air as I finally broke free of Angels grip. I was hitting my fists against my fathers chest like a small child having a tantrum. "I was scared of monsters in the closet when I was child but what I really should have been scared of was you." Silence filled the room before he slapped me across the face. I didn't flinch at the touch instead I stared at him numbness watching over me. "You make me sick." I spit blood on his shoe trying to stay stern as he walked out. This wasn't the man who raised me...or maybe it was and I was just to oblivious to realize it.