Ch 11. Another broken family

Marcus POV

"I shouldn't have heard from someone else that my daughter is having a baby!" I sighed staring at Bishop. He gave me a sympathetic smile and a shrug of his shoulders.
"She shouldn't have heard you killed her brother from someone else." He countered. His words sounded cautious as he waited for me to snap, but I couldn't. I was tired. Tired of loosing the people I loved. "Don't expect her to make the first move. Go to her. Beg her for your forgiveness."
"Maybe you're right cousin. Or maybe it's to late. I dug this hole myself I should have known I would be bitten in the ass."

Who I found when I opened the door was no surprise to me. I could pick the rumble of his bikes engine out of a line with my eyes closed. He looked worn out. Like his nights were spent in whisky dreams produced by fear soaked pillows. I would have pitied him if he wasn't my father, but i was taught to respect my elders. Despite everything.
"I don't know what to say to you," I moved aside letting him walk in.
"You could say you hate me. I would understand. Or you could yell at me call me a monster. I would deserve it little dove." He shook his head. "I'm sorry for what I did. I can not explain the circumstances. They are a blur to me, but know I regretted every day since."
"Why did you let him become a Mayan?" I questioned trying to keep my voice steady. 
"I had no choice. I told him no and he was just more drawn to it. Like you. I used to swear you both got your stubbornness from your mother. I know how you got it from me." I couldn't help but laugh. "I love you sweet girl. Please don't shut me out."
"I love you to. Things can't go back though. Not to how they were. Not exactly. But we will push forward. Not for us. No. But for my child." The smile that made its way onto his  face brought me to tears. We were a broken family. But we were still family.