Ch. 9 hard choices

"You need to talk to your father," Miguel said for what felt like the hundredth time as he followed me around the bar. I had been doing stock all morning trying to avoid Angels sympathetic stares and Bishops constant phone calls. Unfortunately Miguel had my spare bar key.
"I do not need to do anything," I snarled.
"You're acting like a child," Miguel argued. "Almost every man in your life has killed someone how is this different?" He grabbed my arm stopping me. I ripped my arm away turning to glare at him. Suddenly I was staring at a younger version of him. Innocent brown eyes blinked back at me before I shook myself back into reality.
"How is this different you ask?" My tone was mocking. "Because they did not kill my brother. My blood. That's how this is different. Now if you are choosing sides and it is His you pick get out." I growled shoving past him.
"There must have been a reason Paloma. Don't you want to find it out?" Miguel softened his tone. I wiped away the few tears that had escaped and turned back to my friend. An exhausted sigh left my lips before I answered him.
"I don't, because either he will lie to me or tell me the truth. Honestly I don't know which is worse." I confess. "This life isn't one I want to be apart of anymore."
"So what about Angel?" That was a good question. What about Angel.
"I wish I knew."