II

-Toni's POV-
"Listen, don't have a lot of time, class is about to start. I just wanted to ask if I could borrow a nice gown, I have this event to go to," I said into the phone, my foster mom was on the other side.

"Finally, of course. I'll have it express shipped up there. Who are you going to this event with? Is it a boy?" She asked but I was already hanging up.

"Okay thanks bye!" I said finally and put my phone away before walking into Veronica's room, she never locks her door.

"Knock knock bitch," I said unenthusiastically. Veronica was on her bed shirtless with a pair of pajama shorts on. "So we're just going titties out now?"

"Don't act like you haven't seen them before, we've been best friends for six years. Throw me my t-shirt please," Veronica said. I rolled my eyes tossing her shirt directly at her face. After putting it on, she held out a gold envelope in my direction.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Your invitation."

"How did you manage to get invites in less than two hours?" I was astonished. The devil works hard but Veronica works harder.

"I promised that I'd go with Chuck Clayton, in exchange for four invites. Jug and Sweet Pea already have theirs," She said. "Did you call her?"

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the end of her bed. "Yes I called her. She's sending me a gown."

"Good, I hear the exchange students from Vancouver are going to be there. You need to be on your best behavior," Veronica said.

"What the hell does that mean?" I said defensively.

It was Veronica's turn to roll her eyes. She stood up and stood directly in front of me.

"Hands in your lap, back straight, face forward, don't slouch, stop cussing and smile," She demanded.

She moved my shoulders, back, and face until I had perfect posture. It was annoying, how do people even do shit like this? She then droned on about politeness and how to eat and how to dance, if I even dance with someone.

"Alright stand up, let's practice," She said, clearing her throat. "Hello there, are you enjoying the festivities?"

"Why are you talking like Queen Elizabeth?" I asked laughing.

"Shut the hell up and play along!" Veronica demanded, she was getting frustrated with my antics so I decided to entertain her.

"Okay, um. Yes I am enjoying myself. My name is Toni, and you?" I asked.

"Yes! I think you're ready. To be fair these are college kids so they probably won't be that sophisticated, but I hear they like to play the part so you can never be too prepared," Veronica said. "Want to see what I'm wearing?"

I nodded and the girl moved towards her closet. Protected by a plastic covering was a black dress/pantsuit looking thing. "I have no idea what to call that but it's cute, I'd fuck you."

"Good that means everyone else would too," She said putting the outfit away. "Now get out, I have to study for my exam tomorrow."

I flipped her off but reluctantly rose from her bed and left her room. I really had nothing to do for the rest of the day so I went to my room to take a nap. Veronica and I were lucky enough to get single rooms instead of double rooms. I couldn't imagine sharing a room with anyone here.

Once I arrived to my room, I sighed loudly. Who knew not having a social life could be so exhausting. "Ugh what am I doing with my life?" I said aloud, flopping on my bed.