VIII

-Cheryl's POV-

"First of all Cher, what is a Miskeerie?" Toni asked. She was on her bed, shoes and socks removed, with me at the end wrapping her ankle.

"They're my hellhounds. They're completely harmless but they protect me and my loved ones with their lives," I explained, carefully positioning her foot as I wrapped the gauze around her ankle.

"So they're like demon wolves or something?" She asks and I laugh.

"No they're smaller than a wolf but bigger than a huskie, they are stronger, faster, and smarter than normal dogs which is why we take them with us on animal hunts or when there's conflict between us."

I finished up her ankle and looked up to find the beautiful pink-haired girl staring at me.

"Thank you Cheryl," She said and I smiled shyly, nodding. "Can you come sit up here with me?"

I kicked off my shoes and climbed atop the twin size bed, sitting up beside her on the pillows. I analyzed her room. She had a few posters, some plants, and even a record player in the corner. Once my eyes met hers again, she had been already watching me.

"I'm sorry you had to see me that way...so angry, I apologize deeply," I say looking down at my hands in my lap, I felt so ashamed.

"Cher..." She said softly, holding my chin and turning my head to face her. "It's okay, I know you were just jealous and protective. You should know that I'm not interested in Samantha."

"You're not?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Of course not, she's way too perky and she is kind of the reason I hurt my ankle, but it's still not her fault. Plus, I already have my eyes on someone," She says smirking and a big grin spreads across my face.

"Well that's a relief," I say and she cuddles up to my side, closing her eyes.

"Take a nap with me," She softly speaks and I smile, nodding. I wrap my arms around her small body and pull her to lay on my chest, our feet intertwined.

What have I gotten myself into?

-Toni's POV-

When I woke up, Cheryl was still there holding me close. Her eyes were shut but her fingers were stroking my arm slowly. I smiled, for the first time in a while I was content.

"I know you're awake, Antoinette," Cheryl whispered.

"Why do you call me that? Not that I don't like it, I'm just wondering," I asked and it was her turn to smile.

"Because I like it, the last Antoinette I knew was Marie Antoinette," She laughed, as if personally knowing a famous French queen is a joke.

"Wow, you're old," I said and we both laughed.

"Not even, if you knew how old my mother is you'd freak out."

"So I'm assuming I shouldn't ask her that when I meet her?" I laugh and she stops.

"You can never meet my mother, one look and she'll kill you."

"She hates humans huh? And you're taking one on a date...something tells me you guys aren't that close," I say, looking up her. She's staring off into space as if in deep thought. I reached over to brush my fingers over her cheek but she pulled away. "Cher-"

"My mother is the devil incarnate and I would die before I ever let you near her," She says in a much deeper voice than before.

"Okay, I didn't know.." I say but she's already getting up to leave.