VII

-Toni's POV-

The next day, I was back on campus. My morning class had been cancelled so I could take my time and enjoy every bit of Cheryl that I could before leaving. After our conversation in the hot tub, Cheryl insisted we go to bed. We showered, separately, and slept in some pajamas she lent me. This morning, she made me oatmeal with fruit, before dropping all of us off back on campus.

Now, I was in the dining hall with Veronica, both of us reliving the event of yesterday while students moved about, clueless to what was going on right under their noses.

"Toni, this is the best thing to ever happen to us! I mean, Vampires?" She exclaimed and I hushed her quickly.

"Shut the fuck up, you want to die?"

"And you got the leader? Points for Topaz," She bites into an apple and I roll my eyes. "Has she told you about the bounding yet?"

"The what?" I ask.

"The bounding. Archie was telling me about it. Basically it's this sacred process that mates you guys, like permanently for life."

"Life?"

She shakes her head while swallowing the apple chunks. "Yeah and because you're human, you can't break it or you'll die or something. Did she really not mention it?" She says and I shake my head no.

"Do you guys have to do that?" I ask.

"No, Archie and the others don't have royal blood, only Cheryl."

Royal blood? What the fuck? I mean I knew she had higher status than the rest of them, but I never expected any of this.

"She'll probably talk to me about it next time we see each other." I end the conversation there, finishing my food. Once I was done, I said goodbye and headed off to my next class.

It dragged by slowly, no one ever paid attention. Usually I would, at least enough to get the assignment, but today I couldn't focus. I haven't dated in so long, now I'm going skinny dipping with vampires. Not just any vampire, a fucking princess vampire! What did I get myself into?

Once class was over, I went to my room to change and hit the gym. I needed to stop thinking about the last two days and what better way than running on a treadmill til my legs combust.

Once I reached the large gym, I walked across it until I got to the small section of treadmills. They were in front of floor to ceiling mirrors, but other than that the area was pretty secluded from everyone else. I put my earphones in and stepped on it, pressing start.

Headphones in and legs moving, I closed my eyes, thinking about Cheryl and her family of vampires. What would my family think? Am I even allowed to tell them?

I pressed the button some more times, speeding up the treadmill until I was running at a fast but steady pace. Maybe if I just stop thinking about her, everything will just go away. Yeah I could just avoid her and the subject all together and everything will be fine.

Just as I was approaching about fifteen minutes on the treadmill, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Startled, I open my eyes quickly and stumbled on the treadmill. I tried to catch my balance, but it was too late, I fell. Not only did I roll backwards off the treadmill, but I managed to fuck up my ankle as well.

The source of the incident, a blonde girl rushed over to me. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! I tried calling your name, but you couldn't hear me!" She helped me up and I smiled slightly, trying to hide my annoyance.