Chapter 8

Kennedy's POV

It had been twelve weeks since I found out I was pregnant and by now a visible bump had developed. I was still able to hide it under oversized shirts or ponchos, but the reality of what was happening both in and outside my body was there.

  Ian was better than I expected. He was as attentive as a seeing eye-dog, and he never not found an opportunity to fuss over my stomach, and often rubbed his hand over my stomach or kissed it  fondly when we were alone.

Lip and I managed to develop a mutual respect for each other, I assumed since he spent so much time with Karen, it mellowed him out of whatever time he would otherwise have to find fault with me.

  It was during my shift at the bakery that I got an emergency call from Ian, who told me that Debbie had kidnapped a toddler whine the police and half of the city was searching for.

Although my parents preferred I keep as far away as possible from the Southside, I took a taxi to the Gallagher home, waiting for the remainder of them along with Liam and Ian.

  When the party eventually came back, all looked exhausted, and Debbie looked upset. Biting my lip, I gesture for the girl to sit beside me and I wrapped an arm around her form. I knew she meant well,and that Fiona might not have been in the Best state of mind to correct the girl.

"Debbie, you know what you did was wrong right? Imagine if someone had taken Liam, you would be so worried." I stroked her red hair and she leaned her head on my side.

"I guess. But I really wanted to play with him...." I sighed trying to figure out how to get through to this kid without scaring her.

  "I know you want someone to play with, but you can't do things like that. What would have happened if something happened to you with the baby? It's dangerous okay..... But I'll tell you what, when my baby arrives, you can play with it as much as you want and dress it up in cute little outfits to your heart's desire." Debbie lifted her head to smile excitedly, and gave me a tight hug, causing me to chuckle.

Thanks, Kennedy. You're the best." I looked up to see Fiona giving me a thankful look, completely exhausted and I have her a sympathetic smile.

  "Just here to help."

              Three days later

    I stood inside the office of my OBGYN and checked my watch for the hundredth time.

  Ian was supposed to meet me here twenty minutes ago so we could do my first ultrasound. He promised me he'd be here for it and time was flying by.

  I called him again, only for the phone to go to voicemail and I cursed, shoving my phone back into my purse.

   Giving a final glance towards the doors, I made my way to the elevator. There was no chance in hell I was going to miss my appointment.

I smiled at the sonogram clutched in my hand as my taxi pulled up to the Gallagher house hours later.

  I fitted my brow at the large semi-truck parked outside of the house and I quickly paid the driver, staring up at the monster of a car.

    Walking up the steps, I could hear arguing and Fiona's angry voice and once inside I saw the Gallaghers all standing around, including Frank, all seemingly upset-Fiona was crying. An older blonde woman and a black who was holding Liam seemingly facing off with the family.

   Everyone turned once I entered the room and I fidgeted under their stares.

  "Um, hi?" I managed weakly, and I watched Ian's eyes widen with realization and the guilt sweep across his face.