1

• play song while reading •

March 17, 1991

" Nah, nah. This ain't fair, the fuck? " Samir exclaimed as he threw his Uno cards on the floor.

Me and Marie glanced at each other and smiled.

He looked between us and quickly gathered his cards back while mumbling something.

I sighed, " Samir, I put 3 pluck 2's down, so pluck the 6 cards from the deck. "

He was about to say something but Marie threw 6 cards at him.

" Here nigga, damn. Can't ever spend a damn minute without complaining. "

He was still mumbling stuff under his breath when it was Marie's turn.

She reversed and I looked up at Samir who glared back while smiling.

I looked over at Marie, whose face showed sorrow as she mouthed sorry.

I gulped and shook my head, looking through my cards trying to find a reverse but gave up as soon as I realized it was his turn.

I cried in the inside, knowing he was about to demolish my ass.

I watched as he plucked 4 cards and I cringed.

He set them down.

I looked over at them and then cried literal tears.

" Who over there making all that damn noise? " Auntie Serenity's voice boomed.

I got up quick and wiped my tears.

SeSe came over to us huddled on the dining table and looked over at the cards and cringed as well.

She patted my back and shook her head.

" Rest in peace baby. " She said as she shuffled back to the living room.

Samir was cracking up as I continued to stare at the cards in disbelief.

He had put down four pluck 4's and changed the color to yellow.

Marie was just looking at me with sorrow.

I quietly picked my 16 cards as silence took over the kitchen, except for Samir still laughing.

Marie then started laughing and I gave a quick smile but got mad all over again.