12

•play song while reading•

March 30th, 1991

Eris and I exchanged mean glares all through out breakfast.

"Why you lookin' like that?" Marie whispered to me.

"Because this bitch right here wanna act like she been here all her life." I whispered back.

Marie rolled her eyes so hard, I thought her eyeballs were about to get stuck.

"I would fucking die for a twin, so would other people! And don't act like you wasn't fantasizing about having a person who was once in the same egg as you!" She enthused.

I looked her up and down. "Someone needs to remove you from health class, you irking my nerves with all of that foolishness."

"And someone need put YOU in health class. Talkin' about some, 'Why can't the baby be pushed with they feet instead of they head.'"

I scoffed and shook my head.

"Talkin' about some, 'Can you stop pushing while giving birth?'" Marie continued.

"Oh my gosh, Marie, I know." I interrupted, getting irritated.

"Do they not have biology in your college, Harmoni?" Eris asked.

"No. I'm not in school." I blandly replied.

"You're not in college?!" She raised her voice.

Her eyes popped out of her head as she stood up.

"College is the best thing to ever happen to you! Why aren't you enrolled?!"

"I couldn't get into college because I had no scholarships."

"Forget them scholarships man. Oh nah, we going to get you into college. Scholarship or not." She quickly said, grabbing my wrist.

///

"So, what was SeSe asking you about?" I asked as I crossed my legs.

"Man, she said so much shit, I done forgot." Bakari replied, rubbing his forehead.

I chuckled and shook my head, playing with my fingers.

It was quiet for a while until Bakari noticed.

"Why you so quiet? Did you tell your family about the surgery?"